Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

His exwife is ruining his relationship with his son!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies
Making this as short and to the point as possible:

XW HATES DH.
XW and DH have a 9 year old son.
XW is remarried with another child.
DH and I also have a child together.
DH works 6 days a week including Sat and Sun.

XW never allows extra visitation. EVER. I'm not exaggerating!!!!
XW even says SS9 is not available for DH's scheduled visitations because SS9 has other things he must do.

DH with his work schedule only gets to see SS9 2 nights a MONTH.

DH works 10-6 Saturday and 1-5 on Sundays.
Every other Saturday DH picks SS9 up at 6:30pm and takes SS9 home at 7:00pm the next day.

XW just called to say that SS9 has to be at CCD class and attend mass every single Sunday of the month from 9:30-12:45. Until MAY. She would also like SS9 dropped off on Sundays at 6pm instead of 7pm from now on.

ANYONE ELSE SEE THE FUCKING PROBLEM HERE?????
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless there is the right of first refusal, she can't refuse parenting time to your husband. She is probably very upset that you and your dh have a child. However, you can file contempt of courts on her for not allowing visitations unless there is the right of first refusal. You can also hold her to the right of first refusal if she uses a babysitter for your ss if she wants to go on a date night with her own husband if she does not offer him the chance of additional time.

ShortCakeScrap
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, we are having the same problem.  The ex signs the child up for tons of crap, doesn't discuss with him and takes his weekends.  She also schedules vacations and most fall on his weekend.  SD is 14.  I'll be glad when we don't have to deal with the ex any longer.  She has made the past year hell.  She talks bad about DH to her daughter.  My SD has told me things her mom says.  Poor kid.  I don't get why women do this to their own children.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Control freak!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Your DH can find a Monday night CCD class if he is available to transport his son to it. He can also alter his schedule to take him to Mass Saturday evenings. There's not too much here to work with when your DH works weekends. Religious services and classes do not have a lot of flexibility. This really is not BM being difficult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM
What is that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless there is the right of first refusal, she can't refuse parenting time to your husband. She is probably very upset that you and your dh have a child. However, you can file contempt of courts on her for not allowing visitations unless there is the right of first refusal. You can also hold her to the right of first refusal if she uses a babysitter for your ss if she wants to go on a date night with her own husband if she does not offer him the chance of additional time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM
The XW?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Control freak!!!

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

She can ask, but he doesn't have to comply. If you haven't already, I'd have him start documenting everything in regards to this situation. If you ever need to go back to court (and from the looks of it, you WILL need to go back to court eventually), it will help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like you husband needs to go to court and enforce his visitation schedule.  If he chooses not to that is on him. 

2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Yes!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

The XW?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Control freak!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Really? XW says there are no other options. Why is XW not offering any kind of alternatives if she cares about DH seeing SS9?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your DH can find a Monday night CCD class if he is available to transport his son to it. He can also alter his schedule to take him to Mass Saturday evenings. There's not too much here to work with when your DH works weekends. Religious services and classes do not have a lot of flexibility. This really is not BM being difficult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)