Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin off: what's the worst thing your parents accidentally did to you as a child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 376 Replies
5 moms liked this
We've all done things to our kids but what have your parents done to you?

My mother has slammed my fingers in the car door. She also accidentally poisoned me. As well as broke my nose opening a door I was behind. She ran over my sisters foot but that was mostly my sisters fault. But these are things we laugh about today.
Oh also I jumped into shallow water (maybe six inches when I thought it was much deeper) my mom said my ankle was fine. She made me do chores for three days before taking me to te hospital. My chores included cleaning my room, scrubbing the kitchen floor, and making dinner then cleaning up after dinner. I had a fracture that went into the growth plate so one of my legs is shorter then the other. She felt so bad I didn't do chores for almost a month.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

My mother spilled boiling hot water on me when she missed her coffee mug. I went to the hospital with 1st degree burns. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I suffered first, second and third degree burns over my chest, stomach and legs when a stock pot of boiling water tipped over on me.  I was seven.

BabyRuca
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Broke holes in the walls with my head.
NeonGirl9583
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My dad blacked my eye with a softball. the next day defacs came to my school and talked to me lol. my dad thought l was looking at him but my mind was off in space or something.
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Left me at school until seven pm....it was winter and dark already when a teacher who had come back up to grab some papers found me!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I was about 7 or 8. It was a hot summer night. My dad was joking around and threw water on me. It turned into an all out water fight. I grabbed a glass of water. I was trying to sneak up on my dad who had ran outside. I was just about to open the door and he flung it open. The glass shattered in my hand. I cut my middle finger almost all the way through and my thumb. My dad felt horrible. He didn't realize I had grabbed a real glass and not a plastic one. 

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We were in a head on collision-teens were drag racing and ran into our car carrying  me age 3, baby sister age 6 months, and older sister age 7.  My dad came and opened the door to make sure we were OK-I put my hand out because I wanted to get out and go with him as he was shutting the door--slammed my thumb in it-I was fine til then because when he reopened the door it was covered in blood.  ICK.

KimK2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM

When I was around 9 or 10, my parents left me at church one Sunday.  I had to walk home.  We only lived about 1 and a half miles away, but it seemed like a million miles to me.  Both my parents had driven to church that day and they each thought I was with the other one when it was time to go home.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I remember getting accidently getting burned with a lit cigarette but I don't think that was my mom, I think that was my aunt and getting an accidental headbutt from my mom.  That's about it.

SouthTxPrincess
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this
there was a bomb threat at my school when I was in high school, they evacuated and had students call home using cell phones to come get them cause the buses were nit running. I called my mom and she told me "ok let me know how it goes" and hung up. I freaked out! but my friend lived rihht down the street and I went home with her. my mom had taken her pain meds and muscle relaxer and was sleeping when I called. my step dad said she jerked awake a couple hours later panicked cause she realized what happened and was crying when.she called me back. she didnt know where I was or what had happened at school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)