Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well congrats toys r us u have just LOST a customer (who has 5 kids and 12 nieces/nephews I always buy for Christmas) for LIFE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

When Christmastime rolls around, my dh and I have always used Toys R Us. When birthdays roll around, my dh and I always have used Toys R Us. When we get pregnant, we always buy from Babies R Us. ALWAYS. It's sort of a tradition.

My grandma always purchased my toys and things from Toys R Us. I lived with her she was my mom basically so she was the one purchasing me toys, games, books, stuffed animals, clothing, etc. I still remember Kids R Us, where they just sold clothes and shoes and my grandma would take me there for my things.

We have 5 kids. We have 12 nieces and nephews. And my kids get asked to tons of birthday parties. We also try to help people in our area, if someone nearby is begging for help for a birthday present or a couple of christmas gifts for their kids, we try to help whenever we can. So we end up spending literally thousands of dollars on toys r us stuff every year. It is a family tradition. And my dh's family only used Toys R Us too.

So today I recieved a 20% off your entire purchase at Toys R Us. I turn the card over for exclusions. Nothing says you cannot use it for Layaway. In fact, when I looked up Layaway on the website, it says to add a coupon code do this and this and it will take it off your entire order. WOO-HOO! So I call the local store and ask if they have a couple of items in stock and I talked about this coupon and the layaway. Because well I have about $1000 worth of shopping to do, and it will be easier to span it out over time, since the coupon is good for 3 days only. I also have $1200 worth of baby items I purchased recentally as I am pregnant and that is all here.

The manager says NO COUPONS ON LAYAWAY. WTF! So I call coporate who offers me a $20 gift card?! UM NO. And than sends me to a manager, who says I cannot do anything about a store policy.

SO GLAD I KEPT THE RECEIPTS! I tell him you just lost us as customers, told him I am boxing up and bringing bac the over $1200 worth of items I purchased at Babies R Us, and told him my $1000 will now be spent at WALMART for Christmas this year. I am so pissed off. He was like well a lot of the stores are now just franchises (I DIDNT KNOW THAT SHIT) and the managers can make their own rules pretty much. Sad sad day for us. The end of an era. I used to love going to Toys R Us when I was a kid. I LOVED IT. And now I will never step foot back in there except to bring back a stroller, crib, car seat, high chair, numerous clothes, toys, books, etc.

Bye Toys R Us. You never would have treated a customer like that in the past. I'm sad about it but I will NEVER AGAIN GO BACK.

BTW - All of this could have been totally avoided, I would not have been pissed or upset had it just been STATED ON THE FUCKING COUPON.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Acid
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM
11 moms liked this

I'm pretty sure one customer isn't going to make a difference.

They are probably laughing at you.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM

If its not onthe coupons they should honor it....I don't blame you, I would return everything I haven't open also.....smdh

I remember Kids R US also...............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Feel better?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Oh wow. What an ordeal.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I say the same thing to those who boycott Wal-Mart. It's not going to make a difference.

Quoting Acid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

You're one customer, they won't put much into it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Well I hope they laugh considering the economy is shit and most people don't spend even half at stores that they used to. And I hope they are proud giving Walmart lots of extra business.

Quoting Acid:

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM
6 moms liked this

That is quite the tantrum over $200.  Oh...in case you didn't know...they don't care.

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this
lol

that'll show em.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't know, I think you are over reacting. *shrug*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)