Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO wont let me drive the car but let her>

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

Okay so SO and I got a new car in August (pre owned), i do not have my licence just a learners licence which means i can drive when he is in the car or anyone else with a valid licence.. 

well We drive hightways alot and im a good driver and i've been asking him to let me please drive the car so i can get more practice to get my actual licence, he wont let me always says no or ignores me.. well my friend came over we were talking and she tells me i thought i should tell you incase someone else does your SO let me drive your car a couple blocks back to my place when he was helping me and her bf move a washer.. UM EXCUSE ME?!

I know its a childish thing to be upset about but wtf why is she so special and can drive the car on her own but he won't even let me drive a bit with him in the car??  i paid the 1000 on the down payment and i pay for gas all the time and have paid registration on this car but i cant drive it or use it because i don't have al icence, but he let's our friend drive his car?

I know its not something worth getting mad over but im wondering if I should just let it go or not? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM

bumpty bump bump

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM
How old are you?
Did you confront him about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Ummmmmm how about going and getting the actual license????
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I think youre right to be upset. Dh toldme once if a man lets you drive his car he wants something. I believe he was right in that situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Um, STOP PAYING FOR HIS SHIT IF HE IS AN ASSHOLE

there you go, best advice eva'

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Does she have a license?
JamieBue38
by Jamie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

In my state, you can get the actual license at 18 as long as you pass the test. No waiting or certain hours before testing for it... are you a minor?

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Perhaps she is an experienced driver with a licence. You are still learning and he does not want you learning with his car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM
that shit wouldnt fly in my house. but my dh respects me. how old are you hon?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)