Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My term's for my sister's childcare. Fair?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 56 Replies
7 moms liked this

My sister and I talked today about the terms of childcare for my nephew, she emailed me (as a joke) a contract of our terms:

Terms of Childcare Service:

K will be at your home from 7:30am - 5:30pm.  I will bring him up to the door each day.  (Not the lobby)  Even though your elevators freak me out because they take 2 minutes for the doors to open and I always think I am stuck.  I agree to not complain about this daily.

I will supply all diapers, wipes and creams required.  I will provide  2 changes of clothes for each day and any dirty clothes will be sent back in a plastic bag.  

We will cycle his toys from my house to yours and you promise to not buy him new toys every single day because (and I quote) "omg *shrill horrible squeaking noise no human should make* his cheeks are so chubbbby!!"

I will drop off food every monday.  You will serve breakfast, lunch and snack from that food.  I will send premixed bottles.  And provide a basic scheduleof his meal routines.

I will pay for any transportation needs he has, clubs and activities.  You are free to sign him up for whatever activities you like, with prior notice to T and I so we can pay for it.

I will provide a copy of his OHIP card in case of emergencies and be there so fast I will defy the laws of physics should it ever need to be used. 

Compensation

I will arrive each day with a seasonal starbucks latte.  Exception to this will be as follows: The line up is long, that barista that has the flower tattoo on her neck is working, I'm late, bad traffic or road conditions.  

I will pay you $50 each friday to make up for your cancelled cleaning client, sorry S and thanks again for doing Fridays too!

I will book off work and watch Z for any doctor's appointments you have.  I will also watch Z on weekends on request.  You will give reasonable notice for these days.  

No shows and lateness charges

In the event of lateness you will feed K dinner.  The following morning I will bring you lox bagels from that jewish place by my house. (Because you're gross and eat fish in the morning.)

Expectation of child behaviour

cry, drool, be cute, throw down when the word 'no' is uttered and make a mess.  HAVE FUN!

Yes, these are our actual terms btw lol

Do you think it's fair?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momNstinks
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM

haha!! Love it

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

she's a funny lady

Quoting momNstinks:

haha!! Love it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That is freakin great. I wish my sister could be so awesome.

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Do the bagels have cream cheese? Because I'd be sold.

rockgal81
by Steph on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM

That's so cute! I love it! :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Aww that was really stinkin' cute. I didn't read anything about sleep training? Lol
the_dude
by abides on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Even though your elevators freak me out because they take 2 minutes for the doors to open and I always think I am stuck.  I agree to not complain about this daily.

"omg *shrill horrible squeaking noise no human should make* his cheeks are so chubbbby!!"

I will arrive each day with a seasonal starbucks latte.  Exception to this will be as follows: The line up is long, that barista that has the flower tattoo on her neck is working, I'm late, bad traffic or road conditions.  

In the event of lateness you will feed K dinner.  The following morning I will bring you lox bagels from that jewish place by my house. (Because you're gross and eat fish in the morning.)

all of the above had the dude dying. LOL

Indianamomto4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Its great your sis can watch your baby...I was blessed to get to stay home with all 4 of mine and started a home daycare in order to get to do that, which I still operate now even though 3 of my kids are adults. My ds and his wife had my first grandson last year and she did the same thing in order to get to stay home with him. I would personally have a hard time leaving my kids with a stranger.

alf2651
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Lol, that's great.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Kristanna
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

You both sound awesome! Nice to see family actually acting like family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)