Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess I'm a dirty overstepping SM.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
We have SS 60% of the time. We have him from Wednesday after school until late Sunday evening every week. I would consider myself a good, loving SM who respects that BM is his mom.

This morning SS was fine. I took him to school like normal. Around noon, DH called me to tell me SS had an accident. It was a mess and they needed someone to come get him right away. They called BM first, but she never answered. They called DH, who immediately called me.

I have Thursday and Friday off work, and we live about five blocks from the school. I ran to the school, picked up SS, and brought him home. Poor babe has been sick all afternoon.

Around 1:30, almost an hour and a half AFTER I picked up SS, BM texted me saying that it wasn't my job to handle emergencies and next time I better wait and let her deal with it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Well someone forgot her Prozac. She'll get over it.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Dude, don't listen to her. You did NOT overstep. Laugh it off.

I hope your bonus son feels better soon!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

CorCrox
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Um, if anyone who I trusted helped my son when he was sick because I couldn't be reached, I would be thankful and apologetic. Is she normally like that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM
It's your husband's custodial day so it should be his (or yours) responsibility anyway. When ex and I shared custody, we were each responsible on our days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Since he's with you guys on this day anyway...why would she need to pick him up? She has him Sun-Tues, right? Was she planning on taking him to her house?

RaisinGirl78
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I think you did the right thing. I don't get why she is upset. Is she a drama queen? I wouldn't text back. Dh needs to call her & tell her, yes the first available adult will pick up sick children & if she has a problem she needs to text him first not you! Kudos for being a caring SM!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM
If you and your dh have him over half of the time, then it is your job to do what your dh isn't able to do. She'll get over it
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't respond. Show your husband. Let him deal with it.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Tough cookies for her. She didn't answer.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck her! She should have thanked you not bitched at you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN