Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dd doesn't have a carseat because I drive a taxi

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

She has one in her dad's car but not mine because I drive a taxi. I can't keep one in there obviously, and I don't drive very far without it, but I come straight from work to pick her up at school and even if I had one, I couldn't put it in the car. That's my confession.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I took my DD 30 miles home from the air port once without a car seat because the airport lost it and we had no way to get home. I felt awful but I literally had no other choice. The taxi driver didnt seem to care at all, and we got her a new car seat that evening.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Most people ride in the taxi without a car seat. I've only had one person put one in ever. It's not the law for a child to be in one while in a taxi

Quoting Anonymous:

I took my DD 30 miles home from the air port once without a car seat because the airport lost it and we had no way to get home. I felt awful but I literally had no other choice. The taxi driver didnt seem to care at all, and we got her a new car seat that evening.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Well, alright.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Even an infant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Most people ride in the taxi without a car seat. I've only had one person put one in ever. It's not the law for a child to be in one while in a taxi

Quoting Anonymous:

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM

You don't have to have a carseat? 

Wow! I was just in another taxi post and things have REALLY changed. I have driven since 2002.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I  never rode in Taxi without a carseat. Its not the law in NY but I would rather be safe than sorry....especially the way these cab drivers drive especially in the city, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

They have carriers sometimes, but nothing to snap them in to. I don't get tons of people riding int he cab with infants, but if you're walking around the city, chances are you aren't lugging a car seat with you. If anything they have a stroller that we just put in the trunk. I've picked people up for the airport and put the car seat in the trunk. lol 

Quoting deadlights86:

Even an infant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Maybe if you call a can and you're prepared, but if you're walking around the city how do you tote a car seat with you?

Quoting Sassy762:

I  never rode in Taxi without a carseat. Its not the law in NY but I would rather be safe than sorry....especially the way these cab drivers drive especially in the city, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)