Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so damned sick and tired of holy rolling assholes, why is it that the

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

ultra religious are always the biggest backstabbing, unethical, plain old assholes?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Quoting boonie594:

Not true at all.

yeah a lot of them are and to top it off, they feel justified in their asshole-ness because 1) they are saved 2) they're better than everyone else

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM
From my experiences, this is true. Of course, that doesn't mean they're all like that. But a lot are.
Fairywings1223
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I agree!!! I went to a Pentecostal church for over a year and stopped going because it reminded me of high school with all the gossiping and all. Or being nice to your face and talking crap behind your back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly dont know. but i totally know what you mean. i am an 8th generation pastors kid. I was raised very very deep in the church and now that i am an adult i have basically completely distanced myself from that life and those kinds of people. Being as involved as i was you learn some of the dirtiest closets belong to the "most devout". For the longest time i just thought thats how people were. Now that i am out i realize that not everyone has a hidden life or agenda and that their truly are just kind people in life.

It seems to me that a lot of them are great screwing people over or doing the obviously wrong thing and then earn a PhD in trying to justify their shittiness. 

RaisinGirl78
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I don't think that's true. My Granny Goose is a super religious person & she isn't ANY of those! She did cry a lil when I mentioned my lil ones would not be baptized but she didn't try to pressure/guilt me about it. Her eldest daughter on the other hand is a fake Christian zealot. There's a big difference.

chicklopez
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

The term, the guilty dog barks the loudest is appropriate here. Typically the people that flaunt their righteousness around like a new toy are the ones trying to cover up their truly bad personality.

Most people dont feel the need to overcompensate, to cover up their flaws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I wish I could  rid my life of these people! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Quoting chicklopez:

The term, the guilty dog barks the loudest is appropriate here. Typically the people that flaunt their righteousness around like a new toy are the ones trying to cover up their truly bad personality.

Most people dont feel the need to overcompensate, to cover up their flaws.

Well said. I was thinking the same thing. I believe there is a lot of truth to this. a lot of truth!

msharleyjr
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
That's a little judgemental...lol....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quoting msharleyjr:

That's a little judgemental...lol....

Let's be honest, it's a lot judgemental but it's still the truth. Judgement isn't always a bad thing. It's OK to use your brains and tell the truth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)