Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dh says this is how men feel ALL THE TIME!!!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

My friend and I were having a playdate with her daughter and my son. She started complaining about not being able to attend the chancellor's banquet with her husband because she didn't have anyone to watch the baby. Being her friend, of course I offered to babysit. She said "no, I don't want to leave her." 

WTF?!?!?

I said ok and held my tounge, but I hate it when people whine to me, but don't want me to try and help!!

I told my dh this story and he laughed and said "This is how most men feel ALL THE TIME!"

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

BUMP!

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Why didn't she want to leave the baby if she wanted to go to the event? I can't imagine she thought the kid could go too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I don't know.

I think maybe she just wanted to whine.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Why didn't she want to leave the baby if she wanted to go to the event? I can't imagine she thought the kid could go too.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Martyr syndrome.

Yogamom08
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I understand where she is coming from. It's like you know in your heart you don't want to leave your kids, but you also wish you had the mental freedom to go do whatever. Sometimes you just need to vent about what a great responsibility being a mom is even though you wouldn't change it for the world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Men hate whiney women who refuse help when it's offered??

Go figure

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Lol, I agree! Why even bitch about it?

i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I guess I can understand.

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever done that to anyone, but my dh though, lol

Quoting Yogamom08:

I understand where she is coming from. It's like you know in your heart you don't want to leave your kids, but you also wish you had the mental freedom to go do whatever. Sometimes you just need to vent about what a great responsibility being a mom is even though you wouldn't change it for the world.

Yogamom08
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Yeah, I understand how it can be annoying. Some people do nothing but complain and shoot down every possible solution.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

I guess I can understand.

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever done that to anyone, but my dh though, lol

Quoting Yogamom08:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Maybe she just doesn't trust you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN