Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes my child has ODD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
4 moms liked this

Yes it is a real disorder. 

and NO, if you do not have a child or you don't have this disorder then you do not know what you are talking about. I don't care if you have a sibiling, a friend who has a child, or a cousin, who has this disorder. You do not know anything about it if you have not personally dealt with it yourself. And having a sibiling does not count because you were a child yourself and never dealt with it; your parents did.

Do not assume that i am a lazy parent, do not assume that my child has a shitty life, or that i don't discipline my child.  do not assume that I am not involved in my child life. I am more involved then most parent who have a child that does not have a disorder because i have to be. I am a sahm because of my child disorder. because of my child disorder I do not have the opporunity to be a lazy parent.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that doesn't mean you have to share that opinion. You do not know me or anyone else who deal with this daily. So you can not assume anything.

Do not assume my kid is the bad kid. My child isn't a bad kid. He has a disorder but that does not make him a bad kid. these children get label enough as it is.

Does it make you feel better to belittle someone about something you don't know anything about? does it make you feel better to degrade their parenting all because their child has a disorder that neither parents or child can control. 

We all have our obstacles to cross and some are a little different than others. Parents who deal with children with these disorder are very strong parents because it isn't anyone who can deal with this, it take a very special person to deal with it.

Yes these children can learn control but it take years to learn the control and it doesn't happen overnight.

Yes my child will remain in school and i will not homeschool my child because some of you think my chlid shouldn't be in public school. He deserve a education as much as the next kid.

vent over

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM
O.o
You done?
i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

What's ODD?

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Feel better now and guess I missed something. Lol

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

k

SoPoetic
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Bad ass child syndrome. Aka oppositional defiant disorder. Naturally your child is bad as hell and its nothing you nor the child can do about itm I have experience with it.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

What's ODD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I was the OP of the post asking if it was too much homework for a 1rst grader with ODD so I completely understand where you are coming from. I got some pretty snide remarks and it is beyond sad since we are all mothers here. Some assumed that my son wasn't working hard enough, they do not understand at all and it shows. I guarantee you they would respond different if it was THEIR kid and that's the worst part of all. It seems as though a few here have no compassion.  *HUGS momma*

i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I've never heard of it before. I don't think I've ever seen a child with it either.

Is it common?

Quoting SoPoetic:

Bad ass child syndrome. Aka oppositional defiant disorder. Naturally your child is bad as hell and its nothing you nor the child can do about itm I have experience with it.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

What's ODD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

My son has it. People think he's spoiled but I spend so much time disciplining him that it drives me crazy. He requires special handling and telling his teachers and school that is useless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I've worked with children who were diagnosed ODD as well as other issues. I was verbally abused and physically assaulted daily. I know personally what it's like to be around a child with ODD, parents who say "you don't know what it's like" or "my kid has a disorder" and "isn't bad" make matters worse all around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN