Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were You a Daddy's Girl?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was...spoiled rotten, too

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Oh goodness no not at all. But I love that our daughter is daddee's girl. He will do anything.
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Yes! I miss him so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ndfan
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM

yep, only child too

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM

My dad wasn't terrifying but he was never the fun loving Dad...but yeah,now I see him completely different,especially after seeing how he's always been with my daughter. Wish I had more time with him!

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Not particularly. My dad was terrifying growing up. He's a softie now. I'm not a daddy's girl but I respect the hell out of him and he's a great dad.

nachomom85
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I lost my dad at 10 but I remember the best thing he ever told me...

My sister was prancing around, two years older and a self appointed beauty queen, I was awkward and boyish.  My father saw me struggling with myself, jealous of her confidence and he whispered, "Honey, there are a million pretty faces in this world.  Looks do not make you special. How many girls do you know that have read as many books as you have?"  MELT.  My dad understood my heart and I will never forget what makes a girls special again.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I was, until he left for some skank and her three daughters. Then I started seeing his true colors.

He still thinks I'm a daddy's girl, though. He likes to pretend the skank was never in his life.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I'm gonna cry. That's so sweet!

Quoting nachomom85:

I lost my dad at 10 but I remember the best thing he ever told me...

My sister was prancing around, two years older and a self appointed beauty queen, I was awkward and boyish.  My father saw me struggling with myself, jealous of her confidence and he whispered, "Honey, there are a million pretty faces in this world.  Looks do not make you special. How many girls do you know that have read as many books as you have?"  MELT.  My dad understood my heart and I will never forget what makes a girls special again.

xXVICKYXx
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I was, untill he becme a violent raging alchaholic and decided i was a "n11gerlover" and a disgrace to him, his family, and his name. and has continued to be horrible and decide that im a pathalogical liar who wants nothing more in life than to ruin my sisters life. She abuses my neice and is dangerously unstable without constant care from a therapist, and a pretty lengthy list of meication. she needs to be put BACK in the mental hospital, facing that fact does not make me a pathological liar, or mean im trying to hurt my sister, i want to HELP.

My family is fucked up, maybe my dad most of all actually.......

our.love.story
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Still am! :)
Roxanne92
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
A big no my dad was/is never around he was a drug addict and always hunting instead of spending time with his family.
My parents have been separated for the last 15 years. I saw him last almost two year ago
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured