Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What role did your parents have in your life?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 33 Replies

?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyKarma
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Never knew my father at all, met him once when I was an adult.
My mother pretty much worked all day and then did nothing, sat on her bed and forced up to do everything. Cooking, cleaning, rubbing her back, etc. She relied on her many different husbands at the various times to the discipling and etc. she didn't care what happened to us.

We were always a paycheck to her.
My step fathers were losers too. Always on drugs or drinking heavily. I could see why though. My mother is a twisted psychotic nutcase, pretty fucking literally. 

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Don't know my bio dad
Met my bio mom right before I turned 24. Yeah.. bad idea.
My adoptive mom, I was in foster care from ages 8-18

I don't really have much of a parental relationship.
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Mom had none. Dad tried, but we basically raised ourselves from a young age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3nuts
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

My mom split when I was three, my dad remarried 3 months later to a horrible woman. My dad and stepmom kicked everyone of my siblings and myself out by the time we were 14. They sucked as parents, I made it after having a rough few years..

TashaB82
by Tootie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
To keep me alive til I was old enough to take care of myself and get the fuck out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I was lucky enough to have had both of my parents in my life since the beginning and still till this day.

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM

My mother was a SAHM.  She volunteered at the school, attended all open houses and teacher conferences.  She drove to all practices, extracurricular classes, friends' houses, birthday parties.  And was always there for us.

My father worked a 9-5 job.  He attended open houses and teacher conferences (as long as he wasn't traveling which, thankfully, he didn't have to travel too often). He attended all swim meets and performances.  He knew who my good friends were and knew their families.  He worked hard but was definitely available.

My parents were great parent and great influences on me growing up and have always been a huge part of my life....and my family's life.  My mother passed away in 2008, and we moved away from where my father lives in 2012 -- but Dad is still an important part of my life and my kids' lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Both of my parents raised me and my siblings. I lived with them until I got married at 22. They have been married 39 years so far.
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Best they could w/a great mom that stuck w/ us no matter what;) Dad was never a good dad.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom was awesome even at her worst she did her best. My dad is my very, very best friend. My everything. He is my rock and my safe place. I owe my dad my life. He truly is the meaning of a real dad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN