Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Today I was a victim of road rage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
So today I wS a victim of road rage and I am still anxious over it. We were at a stop light turning left and we got a green arrow so I did q uturn. This white escalade made a right turn on red which he should of yielded for but didn't almost hitting us. So I lay on my horn of course. This guy speeds around me and comes to a complete stop in front of me and just sits there. My heart starts beating hard as heck when he finally gets out of his car and is coming towards my car. It's me my 2 kids and my brother in the car. The guy comes to my window and it raining and raving all I said was I had a green arrow I had the right of way. This guy spit on me! My brother quickly got out of the car and started arguing with this guy saying I was a girl and he was out of line. This guy tried to hit my brother! Luckily someone stopped and helped restrain the guy while we called the cops and waited for them to come! It was so scary my kids were crying ad screaming and I thought j was going to have a panic attack. I couldn't believe the nerve of this guy. First off I am a girl and look very young even though I am almost 30. This guy looked to be about 50. Well dressed with a polo shirt and khakis and again driving a nice cadiallic escalade. Secondly who spits on a girl? The cops took our statement and we were allowed to leave. Dont know what happened to him but hopefully he was arrested. I doubt it though because besides the spitting he didn't touch anyone.

Anyone else have crazy road rage incidents?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
That sounds scary!! So glad your brother was there to take up for you!
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

People are crazed lunatics on the roads today.  The last incident I had was a woman who wanted me to move in traffic, she was cussing , giving me the finger, etc. but there was no place for me to go.  She finally jumped the curb on the right, drove on it, until she could squeeze through the cars again, only to have to wait again.  You have to be really careful.  I am glad that you were not seroiusly hurt.  Many of these nuts are easily capable of hurting someone.

teeloffel
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Shit like that is why my mom started carrying a gun under the seat of her car.  She was attacked by a guy with a crowbar because he thought she cut him off. And this was in the 80s.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's scary. Where do you live? Why didn't you go around unless it was a one lane one way street. With the kids in the car I would of driven on the sidewalk.
JamieBue38
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Jeeze, no ones completely stopped but there are those who like to brake check every now and then. What an idiot, I'm glad you and your kiddos are safe
momto3nuts
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Spitting is considered assault. Glad you're ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
So glad you are alright and the kids and your brother are alright.
austin311
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM

That is just horrible. You know you can thank your lucky stars that you do not live the miserable life that this man does. Glad you all are safe :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I know I was shaking for like an hour afterwards and had to actually pull over to let my brother drive. I just couldn't believe it I drive a nice car an Acura MDX and he saw my kids in the back seat so it's not like he could of thought I was out for trouble or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

That sounds scary!! So glad your brother was there to take up for you!

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
A few weeks ago dh was driving ds and I to lunch. We were turning left at a light. As we started making the turn the guy in the straight lane decided he really wanted to turn and we almost ended up hitting the people stopped at the red light.
Needless to say when the road widened from one lane to two my dh made sure we got right up next to this guy and my dh explained exactly where he would shove this guys car if he ever cut us off like that again.
Now my dh is normally a pretty level headed guy but this douche bag almost took out my side of the car which is also the side ds sits on just because he forgot to get into the turn lane.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)