Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm New to this "MOM" stuff. Judge me please?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I adopted my DD 8 months ago. She is 11. We are doing fine but I don't know what is normal or not as far as being enough. I want to know what my peers and family will think when..

Ok I signed her up for Volleyball at her school, and Softball through our city. Also Violin through her school for a fee. Is this enough? Is this slacker status or more than average? BTW she wants to be in these ECs. Am I being enough? Does the fact that 2 of these things are school funded make me look like a lazy parent?

I need to know where I stand! 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM

please?

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Let herdecide what activities she wants to be involved in, doesn't matter if its school funded or not that has nothing to do with being a parent. Stop worrying about what other people think and focus on making your child happy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I think it is more than enough to keep her busy and make new friends. Too many activities and she wont have any down time to relax or just spend time with friends. You dont want her overwhelmed with too many activities.
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM

As long as you love her and teach her to do something a little scary each day then you are doing fine. It doesn't matter how much you spend, if she is happy and loved and learning boundaries you are golden. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM

But as a natural mom would you think she was invilved in ECs enough? I'm not asking the world I'm asking you ladies.

Quoting kmorales7690:

Let herdecide what activities she wants to be involved in, doesn't matter if its school funded or not that has nothing to do with being a parent. Stop worrying about what other people think and focus on making your child happy

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Why are you so worried about what others think? Are people really paying tgat much attenrion to how you are raising your child? I personally think its way too much. But you really need to just follow her lead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM

So would you say her dish is full? Even if she doesnt make the volleyball team. As a fellow mom would you assume she is a busy girl bc she has orchestra and softball?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is more than enough to keep her busy and make new friends. Too many activities and she wont have any down time to relax or just spend time with friends. You dont want her overwhelmed with too many activities.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think if she is happy doing what she is doing  then let her be. If she wants to do more let her. Its not up to us, its up to you and her.

Quoting Anonymous:

But as a natural mom would you think she was invilved in ECs enough? I'm not asking the world I'm asking you ladies.

Quoting kmorales7690:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I think you are doing more than enough, I wouldn't add anything else to her plate at all.

I honestly think you are over thinking a lot of this right now.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Ok I realize that I am I just have to get it from you ladies rather than be insecure in the real world. This is my first go at being a good mom. So if my daughter came to your house and you lerned she played violin and was in the softball league would you assume she had caring parents?

Quoting jessi2girls:

I think you are doing more than enough, I wouldn't add anything else to her plate at all.

I honestly think you are over thinking a lot of this right now.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured