Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate my birthday

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 10 Replies
I really, really do. Not because I'm another year older, though gods knows that's reason enough, but because I get excited for it. A little back story, I come from poverty, I am doing okay now, but as a child and young adult I was poor. The only time I ever regularly received gifts was as a young child and that was only because my fathers 'groomed' me- yes, he molested me for years.
But that didn't keep my grandmother for hating that I got presents, she never liked me, or any women that I'm aware of, but spoiled me little brother rotten. I remember one Christmas he got a brand new Game Boy (when they very first came out) tons of games, roller blades and a few RC cars. Me? I got a towel set. I cried myself to sleep.
So, I have issues getting gifts, I feel like I don't deserve them and that my gift I gave never matches up. But yet, I still want to get gifts, I am, after all, only human. Yet my husband NEVER gets me anything. Year after year something come up and I get left empty handed. This year his mom made me a cake, which he got wrong and told her the wrong kind, but that didn't matter, she made me one.
Now my hubby and I work opposite shifts so we don't see each other all week, but I really thought he'd come home early to sign me 'Happy Birthday' or stay up and do it when I got home.
Neither of these things happened tonight, and really that's all I wanted, but instead I got nothing from him again. And it hurts, I cried and then got pissed. I accidentally woke him up and ending up yelling at him. He feels like shit, and really, he should.
Oi... if you read all this, thanks, it really was just a vent. My birthday sucked.
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toxic.Stardust
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
:(
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I'm am sorry. Happy birthday. It's my husbands birthday today also.
2PROUD-MOM2
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Sorry your birthday sucked. Mine was the 18th. The only thing I got wasa f ewfri ends said happy birthday & my son asking for starbucks because they have fruit smoothies lol. I hopey ou can enjoy your birthday sometime. I feel the same way about mine, for the same reason as you. Happy late birthday
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM
happybirthday momma:-)
morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Happy belated birthday, my exdh birthday is the 18th

Quoting 2PROUD-MOM2:

Sorry your birthday sucked. Mine was the 18th. The only thing I got wasa f ewfri ends said happy birthday & my son asking for starbucks because they have fruit smoothies lol. I hopey ou can enjoy your birthday sometime. I feel the same way about mine, for the same reason as you. Happy late birthday
morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM
You want to know the kicker? Every year I get my husband something nice and usually expensive. I like giving gifts, but getting something once in awhile would be nice.
2PROUD-MOM2
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Thank you :-) I hope you overall had a decent birthday
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
awe....happy birthday!
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Have you ever told him?

Men can be incredibly dense sometimes.

Mine rarely get's me anything or does anything, sometimes that's cause of his job, but if it's something important to me I tell him. If he can get it, do it, I do it myself. For myself. I'm not gonna sit around and moan that no one did anything. I'll just make it happen.

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I don't feel comfortable spending money on myself, again childhood issues. And yes, last Saturday was your anniversary and I made it very clear that even if we are struggling I expect something, a $4 candy bar (my favorite) and card made by him and the kids, flowers from the front yard, I told him all this LAST WEEKEND and he promised he'd do better.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Have you ever told him?

Men can be incredibly dense sometimes.

Mine rarely get's me anything or does anything, sometimes that's cause of his job, but if it's something important to me I tell him. If he can get it, do it, I do it myself. For myself. I'm not gonna sit around and moan that no one did anything. I'll just make it happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN