Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No! This can't be happening!!!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:23 AM
  • 45 Replies
I think I'm starting to go thru menopause! I'm only 33! This isn't fair! I wanted another baby before this started and now I might not get the chance.

Here's what's been going on: I am 33yrs old and about 8yrs ago I had to have an ovary removed cause it was cystic and the dr was concerned that it could turn cancerous. And right around that time dh and I were ttc. It took us 6yrs to get pg. So I had my son 2yrs ago. And lately over the past few months my periods have been weird. Take this month for example its been 35 days since my last period. I've been really moody, no libido, tons of headaches, and my sleep schedule is all kinds of messed up. Last month my period came on cycle day 33. I really wanted to have another baby and now I'm probably not going to be able too. It took us so long to have our son. I don't have that much time. This isn't fair my heart is crushed! I seriously feel like curling up into a ball and cry my eyes out. This is a pain so deep its killing me. Why does all the bad shit have to happen to me! And before you go and say maybe your pg, don't say it cause I know I'm not. You actually have to have sex to get pg and I haven't had sex in 2months. So no I'm not pg, but I would give anything to be pg right now.

Does anyone understand what's going on? Has it happened to you, what was it like when you started to go thru menopause?

Also I'd like to add that I will be calling my Dr in the am and making an appt, just to rule out anything bad.
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Bump. No one has been thru this?
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Have you had any other symptoms? Hot flashes, insomnia, ect? My mom went through it early and hot flashes were huge for her.
j3st3r
by Jedi on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think two months of longer cycles is reason to jump to menopause. See your obgyn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

it is most likely not menopause  I am 49 and still have not gone through it.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:36 AM
All those symptoms do not point to menopause yip me. And, if you are not having sex, why? Its not wise to bring a baby into a rocky marriage .
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:37 AM
No hot flashes. But I do have imsomnia!

Quoting dlnimo:

Have you had any other symptoms? Hot flashes, insomnia, ect? My mom went through it early and hot flashes were huge for her.

SueUK
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You can be peri menopausal for as much as 10 years from when symptoms first start. You have to be period free for 12 months before you are considered to be in menopause. During this peri menopausal time time you are still fertile and can get pregnant at any time.  Don't panic. My friend's aunt thought she had done with the menopause, then got pregnant and went full term and delivered a healthy baby. She was 49! Talk to your doc and if there is no reason not to, and your husband is in agreement, start TTC. Good luk!

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Doubt it's menopause. See your ob/gyn
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM
I think you should see your gyno. I have most the symptoms you are talking about. I have pcos. Everything has to do with hormones
SueUK
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Not everyone gets hot flashes. My periods have been irregular for months now and no hot flashes here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)