Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are some people such b****es when they have a baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My poor mil is not allowed to see her grandson at all for a month. For no reason at all. Maybe I'm the crazy one but that just seems bitchy for no reason
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I don't see the problem. Not everyone wants people there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM
My MIL is not overbearing. I have been married to my DH for 8 years and I've never heard her talk shit on any of her kids' spouses. She's not even talking shit on her now... I am

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe his family is overbearing or talks shit about her. Sounds like it to me.

Spamelton
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Lots of people get bitter knowing they needed help from someone, and take it out on that person later.  It's so wrong and completely backwards, and all too common.  It's the ugliness of pride, and false pride at that.  I hope she grows up for the baby's sake.

Quoting Anonymous:

The sad thing is they have basically paid all their bills for the last year. And they consigned for them to get a car, bought them new carpet

orliesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Maybe there is some unknown disagreement going on that you dont know about.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just his family though. Her friends and family are welcome

Quoting orliesmom:

I think a month is a bit much but when I had my kids I didnt allow quests for at least a week. I dont like a crowded house especially after birth. my family and hubbies already knows NOT to be at my house when I come home from the hospital. I am tired and I just want to be home with my own family and have peace and quiet. Hubbies family is LOUD and doesnt really know where to draw the line on being respectful in my home as I run my house very differently then theirs.

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

LOL IDK, I wonder this too. confused

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Why can't MIL see the baby then? See that pissed me off when DD was younger though. I HATED when sick people came over. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Her house is packed with visitors from her family and her friends. She had a niece in the labor room (not delivery) hacking all over the place not covering her mouth.

Quoting Mel0dy:

She must be one of them new moms thats scared of germs lol she would go nuts if she seen me when mine was brand new. I let my dog give her kisses and I even put her on the floor (on a blanket). 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just find her to be annoying. I'm not allowed over either but I don't give a shit really. MIL is heartbroken.

And I know I haven't done anything to her

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mel0dy:

some new moms are crazy as fuck 

Yep, I was one of them. Not this crazy but CRAZY, I totally knew it all too. Now I am on kid two haven't done a single thing that I did with the first kid and have recently come to the conclusion that I have no idea what I am doing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Yeah. She has her friends and family over there though. I feel like she is just being mean. The baby is all over Facebook already

Quoting hip2it:

I agree.  Only my mother will know and that's ONLY because she's keeping my older children when I'm in the hospital.  My rules apply to everyone, though.  NO visitors unless expressly requested by DH AND I.

When we feel up for visitors, I'm only allowing my mom and stepdad, his dad and stepmom, my bro and sil, and his younger bro and sil.  The rest of our families are toxic and/or couldn't care less.  I am saying, however, if you have so much as a sniffle to NOT come over.  I've dealt with RSV before, I'm doing everything in my power to avoid dealing with it again, even if that means going overboard.

But we are a bit psycho, we aren't allowing any photos until the birth announcements have been released.  It's OUR baby, WE are announcing it to others, not you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Which would be fine if those rules applied to everyone and she wasn't singling dh's family out to be a bitch

Quoting hip2it:

I haven't put a time limit on it, but I'm due in November and not allowing any visitors in the hospital.  I will have just had a baby rip out of me, can I get a minute???  We aren't even telling anyone we're going to the hospital so no one will know.  Once we're home and settled, however long that takes, and feel like entertaining people, we'll let those closest to us come over for short visits.  I'm not dealing with hours out of anyone.  WE are having a baby.  It is not about THEM.  If anybody doesn't like it they can keep their ass at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

She doesn't need a reason. Not her baby. It's only a month, she'll live

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I don't know. No one in dh's family can. We did get to go to the hospital but she only got to stay for 20 minutes and was asked to leave (which was fine I understand she was exhausted) and then today we get the Facebook announcement and text that we are not allowed to visit. But mutual friends are posting pics at her house and it's packed

Quoting Mel0dy:

Why can't MIL see the baby then? See that pissed me off when DD was younger though. I HATED when sick people came over. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Her house is packed with visitors from her family and her friends. She had a niece in the labor room (not delivery) hacking all over the place not covering her mouth.

Quoting Mel0dy:

She must be one of them new moms thats scared of germs lol she would go nuts if she seen me when mine was brand new. I let my dog give her kisses and I even put her on the floor (on a blanket). 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just find her to be annoying. I'm not allowed over either but I don't give a shit really. MIL is heartbroken.

And I know I haven't done anything to her

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mel0dy:

some new moms are crazy as fuck 

Yep, I was one of them. Not this crazy but CRAZY, I totally knew it all too. Now I am on kid two haven't done a single thing that I did with the first kid and have recently come to the conclusion that I have no idea what I am doing.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I have no idea. If she's avoiding everyone, sounds more like a personal problem from her end and she's too pathetic to tell anyone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

She is none of that. She's not perfect by any means but she wasn't all up my ass when I had a baby. She came by like once a day(or called) checked on the baby and asked if I needed anything.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Is she overbearing? Controlling? Annoying? They may just want a little space before wanting her around.

Quoting Anonymous:

The sad thing is they have basically paid all their bills for the last year. And they consigned for them to get a car, bought them new carpet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)