Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are some people such b****es when they have a baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My poor mil is not allowed to see her grandson at all for a month. For no reason at all. Maybe I'm the crazy one but that just seems bitchy for no reason
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
Nicki1995
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Maybe there is a reason that her and her husband aren't telling. My husband's side of the family will never see our daughter (except his mom). That was a mutual decision though for very important reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
She's in disagreement with his entire family? I doubt it. Don't you think I would know if my husband was fighting with them? There are no fights. Nothing. Mil was blindsided. They have spent over $20,000 on them in the last 2 years...she thought they were cool

Quoting orliesmom:

Maybe there is some unknown disagreement going on that you dont know about.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just his family though. Her friends and family are welcome

Quoting orliesmom:

I think a month is a bit much but when I had my kids I didnt allow quests for at least a week. I dont like a crowded house especially after birth. my family and hubbies already knows NOT to be at my house when I come home from the hospital. I am tired and I just want to be home with my own family and have peace and quiet. Hubbies family is LOUD and doesnt really know where to draw the line on being respectful in my home as I run my house very differently then theirs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM
That's the only thing I can think of

Quoting Spamelton:

Lots of people get bitter knowing they needed help from someone, and take it out on that person later.  It's so wrong and completely backwards, and all too common.  It's the ugliness of pride, and false pride at that.  I hope she grows up for the baby's sake.

Quoting Anonymous:

The sad thing is they have basically paid all their bills for the last year. And they consigned for them to get a car, bought them new carpet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I hope it's not to avoid germs.  If the baby was born in a hospital, he's already had over exposure. Grandma can't be that toxic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Well I feel like its a little more simple.... She's a bitch

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I have no idea. If she's avoiding everyone, sounds more like a personal problem from her end and she's too pathetic to tell anyone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

She is none of that. She's not perfect by any means but she wasn't all up my ass when I had a baby. She came by like once a day(or called) checked on the baby and asked if I needed anything.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Is she overbearing? Controlling? Annoying? They may just want a little space before wanting her around.

Quoting Anonymous:

The sad thing is they have basically paid all their bills for the last year. And they consigned for them to get a car, bought them new carpet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
No her house is packed with visitors now. Including kids... And we all know kids are gross

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope it's not to avoid germs.  If the baby was born in a hospital, he's already had over exposure. Grandma can't be that toxic.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM
While I think a month is ridiculous, especially considering her family is allowed over; it's ultimately her and her husband's decision.

I know my s/o's mom pitched a fit when I had our daughter. Everyone knew from the get go I wasn't interested in a circus. I wanted my s/o and my mom in the room. S/O for obvious reasons, and my mom because, while it was my 3rd delivery, it was the first I was ever nearby for. I said we would call once I was admitted to give birth, and again once she was born. As soon as I called to let them know we were staying, s/o's mom insisted on getting in the car and coming down. And I promptly told the nurses that she was NOT to be admitted to my room. I was already in hard labor, and didn't want anyone else there. Period. Less than an hour after she got there our DD was out and I allowed her to come in; but she bitched all over Facebook and to family members that she was a grandma too and it was bullshit that my mom got to be there. Uh......no. I was the one pushing another human being out of my body, I got to call the shots.
orliesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Just because you are family doesnt mean you know everything that is going on. I wouldnt worry about it. Its not your child and its not your place to say its not right. Its her kid if her hubby is allowing it then oh well.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's in disagreement with his entire family? I doubt it. Don't you think I would know if my husband was fighting with them? There are no fights. Nothing. Mil was blindsided. They have spent over $20,000 on them in the last 2 years...she thought they were cool

Quoting orliesmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting orliesmom:

I think a month is a bit much but when I had my kids I didnt allow quests for at least a week. I dont like a crowded house especially after birth. my family and hubbies already knows NOT to be at my house when I come home from the hospital. I am tired and I just want to be home with my own family and have peace and quiet. Hubbies family is LOUD and doesnt really know where to draw the line on being respectful in my home as I run my house very differently then theirs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I'm not worried. I don't care if I see the kid or not. I feel bad for my mil because I'm a 90% sure she's being a bitch for no reason. She's entitled to be bitch and I'm entitled to say she is a bitch.

Quoting orliesmom:

Just because you are family doesnt mean you know everything that is going on. I wouldnt worry about it. Its not your child and its not your place to say its not right. Its her kid if her hubby is allowing it then oh well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting orliesmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting orliesmom:

kiser79
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM

i didn't want anyone over at my house for a little while when i came home from hospital. i wanted to get into a routine with my new babies with out having to worry about who is visiting next. with the whole figuring out breast feeding, pumping, trying to nap. and i didn't feel like my baby getting sick with all of these people who can't wash their hands, and feel the need to bring their 5 kids over who has the flu. no thanks, you can wait till the baby is bigger and stronger. my son was in NICU and had surgery. we didn't go anywhere and no one came over till he was healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN