Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are some people such b****es when they have a baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My poor mil is not allowed to see her grandson at all for a month. For no reason at all. Maybe I'm the crazy one but that just seems bitchy for no reason
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (71-76):
Nutball3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
You were ok with the daily calls and visits. Maybe she isn't. I know I would not have been. We obviously don't know the whole story but it's up to her ultimately. Her body her baby her choice. Neither you nor the mil have trump mama.
yo_ho
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM
We are in disagreement with all of DHs family. However, they all know it. All my family, friends, workmates, ect have known our new lil guy since January. DHs family has yet .to meet him. However, that is uber bitchy to let your mil pay for all that stuff then blindside her like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's in disagreement with his entire family? I doubt it. Don't you think I would know if my husband was fighting with them? There are no fights. Nothing. Mil was blindsided. They have spent over $20,000 on them in the last 2 years...she thought they were cool

Quoting orliesmom:

Maybe there is some unknown disagreement going on that you dont know about.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just his family though. Her friends and family are welcome

Quoting orliesmom:

I think a month is a bit much but when I had my kids I didnt allow quests for at least a week. I dont like a crowded house especially after birth. my family and hubbies already knows NOT to be at my house when I come home from the hospital. I am tired and I just want to be home with my own family and have peace and quiet. Hubbies family is LOUD and doesnt really know where to draw the line on being respectful in my home as I run my house very differently then theirs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I'm the same way. I freak about greams and other people touching my newborn. Ok maybe not the same. Grandmothers are an exception. But that's it. For yes at least a month.
Nutball3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM
That would have been great but the people (aside from my mother and DS) that were crashing my hospital room weren't there for me! They were there to take my newborn and not give her back and take my food and drinks and refuse to leave so I could shower, feed baby or sleep! Not to mention I had visitors from sun up til after 8pm and never had time alone. I came home exhausted and spitting mad.

Quoting aimesnyc:

Man, some of you ladies are so damn uptight.  Having visitors in the hospital was the highlight of my stay - they were wanted and welcome, not the influx of nurses and doctors. :P  I had a c-section, so I was in for a  few days.  The best moment was when my hubby went home to grab a shower and two of my good friends hung out with me and baby.  While one friend cooed over my son, the other friend painted my toenails.  It was so nice and relaxing.

And I loved having friends and family over to the apt after we got home.  Although I have isses with my MIL, I will never forget what she did for us.  She had a key to our apt, so while we were in the hospital she cleaned the apt and did laundry.  We came home to a clean apt and homemade chicken soup in the crockpot.  It was wonderful.

aimesnyc
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

They were taking your food and drinks?!  WTF is wrong with them?  I'm sorry you had to deal with moochers like that. :(

Quoting Nutball3:

That would have been great but the people (aside from my mother and DS) that were crashing my hospital room weren't there for me! They were there to take my newborn and not give her back and take my food and drinks and refuse to leave so I could shower, feed baby or sleep! Not to mention I had visitors from sun up til after 8pm and never had time alone. I came home exhausted and spitting mad.

Quoting aimesnyc:

Man, some of you ladies are so damn uptight.  Having visitors in the hospital was the highlight of my stay - they were wanted and welcome, not the influx of nurses and doctors. :P  I had a c-section, so I was in for a  few days.  The best moment was when my hubby went home to grab a shower and two of my good friends hung out with me and baby.  While one friend cooed over my son, the other friend painted my toenails.  It was so nice and relaxing.

And I loved having friends and family over to the apt after we got home.  Although I have isses with my MIL, I will never forget what she did for us.  She had a key to our apt, so while we were in the hospital she cleaned the apt and did laundry.  We came home to a clean apt and homemade chicken soup in the crockpot.  It was wonderful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
That's not what I said and you know it.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

The sad thing is they have basically paid all their bills for the last year. And they consigned for them to get a car, bought them new carpet

Oh, so she bought a share in the baby/mama's postpartum healing time?

Give me a break.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN