Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

GENERATION RX

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
7 moms liked this

Why is it that some parents are so appalled at the thought and act of spanking, but aren't opposed to drugging the hell out of their "uncontrollable" child? Every child does not have a disorder these days! Maybe your kid is out of control because, GASP!, you let them get to that point. Maybe a good spanking is in order.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
9 moms liked this
Or maybe I am able to raise a successful child without drugs or spanking
Spanking wont cure everything, nor will drugs
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I dontdo either and I have a good kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom011598
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't spank or drug my child. I think your generalizations are a bit off par.

stephensmommy06
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM

yea, i'll get right on that spanking thing with my bipolar son...oh wait thats right he will fight back..

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I don't spank, or drug my kids, and one is SN. I don't think I am alone in this.

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I don't spank or drug my child. She is an awesome well behaved kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I never said it would. But there are a lot of kids I've seen that are out of control and their parents are scared of spanking, yet nothing else is working and it's not a chemical imbalance.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Or maybe I am able to raise a successful child without drugs or spanking
Spanking wont cure everything, nor will drugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Well I discipline my children. I have a 6 year old who couldn't remember what she was supposed to do or do anything longer then 10 minutes. Then I have a 3 year old who can clean his room in 5 minutes flat without asking or reminding.
My DD (6) has Adhd, hitting her won't teach her to focus, I know this for a fact. Neither has. Diet changes, timeouts a d now with her failing first grade because Thursday she has a good day and knows all her spelling word then like a flip of a switch she can't remember why she should e end know these words plus look a fly is the room.
Basically bite me!- A mom who feels like a failure because meds were started Tuesday!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

That's why I said some parents. Not all kids need to be spanked or have a chemical disorder of the brain. This is aimed at those parents that will do anything but spanking to get their out of control children to obey.

Quoting mom011598:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

But who is that really? I mean there are plenty that spank and drug their kids. There is no correlation.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I said some parents. Not all kids need to be spanked or have a chemical disorder of the brain. This is aimed at those parents that will do anything but spanking to get their out of control children to obey.

Quoting mom011598:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)