Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What made YOU smile today?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this
I think being a parent is challenging in more ways than one. Some days feel like never ending chores with no down time in sight. With all of the stuff I have to do, that NEEDS to get done, I sometimes forget to stop and be thankful for the little things that make me smile. The little things that make being a mother so worthwhile. So today I was a bit frustrated. My son was screaming for a banana, which I did not have. He then wanted some tuna fish...another item I did not have. Tears were flowing. I was making egg salad for DD and DS instead. My DD came into the kitchen asking for an apple. Oh. One more thing I didn't have. I told her, "We don't have any apples. I have oranges and grapes, would you like one of those?" My back was turned to her as she's yelling about an apple. It was only noon and I could feel myself getting frustrated. She slammed the fridge door, still talking about an apple...and when I turned around to her, this is what I saw. Sitting on the floor, devouring a tomato. She had found an "apple". And I think I found my sanity again.

What made you smile today?
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mtdewwid
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
9 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

huneebadger
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

My 11 month old dd, she is too cute. Love the picture of her little bum while napping!!

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Cutee!

Not really smiles, but glad..

I didn't die today.

I choked on a piece of chicken this morning.  Literally.  No air going through or anything.  I managed to heimlech myself.  Still a nervous wreck.

Mtdewwid
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Wow! I'm glad you didn't die! I always wondered if I'd be able to Heimlich myself if I had to.

Quoting dandylynes:

Cutee!

I didn't die today.

I choked on a piece of chicken this morning.  Literally.  No air going through or anything.  I managed to heimlech myself.  Still a nervous wreck.

unspecified42
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this

It's my little sis's 15th birthday, and I was going through old pictures of her to post on Facebook. She was such a cutie!!

(that's her and I)

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I don't even know how I really did it, but I did, so I guess that's what's important.

Quoting Mtdewwid:

Wow! I'm glad you didn't die! I always wondered if I'd be able to Heimlich myself if I had to.

Quoting dandylynes:

Cutee!

I didn't die today.

Mtdewwid
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Bums are so much cuter with crabs on them instead of poo!

Quoting huneebadger:

My 11 month old dd, she is too cute. Love the picture of her little bum while napping!!

Mtdewwid
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I figure you kind of go on auto pilot.

Quoting dandylynes:

I don't even know how I really did it, but I did, so I guess that's what's important.

Quoting Mtdewwid:

Quoting dandylynes:

Cutee!

I didn't die today.

VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My DS cuddling with me before school. It's been a crazy few weeks and it's about to get crazier so that precious time I have with him in the morning is what gets me through the day. :)
Mtdewwid
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Wow, time flies. Cute!

Quoting unspecified42:

It's my little sis's 15th birthday, and I was going through old pictures of her to post on Facebook. She was such a cutie!!

(that's her and I)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)