Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a geek mom?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this

Who here loves all things geek?

I am talking things like Dr. Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, comic books, gaming and all that fun stuff.  

I have to say that I love all of the above.  I have ever since I was a kid.  I was that weird girl who would stand in the comic book aisle of the local grocery store while my parents shopped, taking in all the new adventures of Batman, Spiderman, the X-men and anything else that caught my attention.  I love graphic novels and have a whole portion of my book case dedicated to them.  When it comes to gaming I can't get enough.  I table top game (I play D&D) and have a playstation.  Don't give me Call of Duty, give me something fun to play like Skyrim, Gran Turismo or Resident Evil.  The only thing I have to do is catch up on my Dr. Who episodes.  I just started the season with David Tenant as the Dr.  Rose is still his companion so I am WAY behind!

Are there any moms here like this?  Am I all alone?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EndlessMom
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I am. My screen name reflects it but most people miss it.
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Buffy...these are a few of my favorite things :)

I wasn't a huge fan if comics though. I do gave some if the Buffy ones.
PrimmednPunked
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh Buffy.  How could I forget to list that one!  Loved the Angel spin off too :)

Quoting HumanBeing:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Not so much into the trendier things like Doctor Who and super heroes, but video games, Star Trek, Harry Potter, science fiction and fantasy books in general, etc...

PrimmednPunked
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Which Sci-fi books?  I have the entire Dune collection.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not so much into the trendier things like Doctor Who and super heroes, but video games, Star Trek, Harry Potter, science fiction and fantasy books in general, etc...

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

*raises hand* i started gaming when i was 3 lol i would tell my mom where things were in tomb raider,read the lord of the rings when i was 7 :)

i dont play games as much as i used to now but i play with df sometimes.i never really got into dr.who though,and my closet is full of comic books, literally i have 5 or 6 boxes and a whole closet shelf full of comic books

i have also been into anime since i was really little,i even had a sailor moon sweater 

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

ME!  Doctor Who, Torchwood, Star Wars, Star Trek, Walking Dead, Sherlock, Firefly, Marvel, Fables, gaming (PC/Mac/PS3)......  My DDs are also blooming wonderfully as a little geeks.

and not to be a stickler but... It's DOCTOR Who.  Not Dr. Who.  He is not an MD.  sorry.  couldnt help myself.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I love the original star trek and stuff like that, I'm not huge on the video game side. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I love Dune, but I don't think I've read every book in the series. I also love the Ender Saga by Orson Scott Card, almost anything written by Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, and David Brin, and I love checking out sci-fi anthologies from the library to discover more great authors.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Which Sci-fi books?  I have the entire Dune collection.

Quoting Anonymous:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I didn't like how Angel ended. 

I love DW, HP, LOTR, and so many more

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Ahh Buffy.  How could I forget to list that one!  Loved the Angel spin off too :)

Quoting HumanBeing:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)