Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Selective hearing is not a disability,

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I had an iep meeting for my 13 year old today and they where going over the standard questions they have to ask every time. When they asked about hearing problems I said "well I noticed since she's become a teenager she has devolved selective hearing, she doesn't hear anything that involves chores but if it involves me spending money she hears it loud and clear" her resource teacher stopped typing and started cracking up lol! She said that doesn't count and the only thing to do about that is hope she outgrows it when she turns 18. Then I came home and found this picture on Facebook I feel this way often.
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That is funny! I was at the park once when another mom yelled, Hey DD, want $100? The child immediately looked up and mom responded, so yes you can hear me. I was rofl
mamakin616
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Oh Boy..My daughter is like that lately also...she is 11 ...I now pretend that i can't hear her whenever we are in a store..

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Yeah it only gets worse! If I hear "oh you wanted me to do xyz, I didn't hear you" one more time I might have to hang some kids by their toes and beat them with a feather.

Quoting mamakin616:

Oh Boy..My daughter is like that lately also...she is 11 ...I now pretend that i can't hear her whenever we are in a store..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)