Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of the names *update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Romeo for a boy and alysia for a girl? These are the names my bf has picked. I prefer jameson but it reminds him of James Patterson lol

Alysia is pronounced kinda like alijha, I thought alysia was right, kinda like Asia but with an ly stuck in. I didn't realize it would be hard to pronounce
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Like Elijah but a girls version

Quoting susannah2000:

Romeo, absolutely NOT. How would alysia be pronounced, Aleesha or Alee see ah? It's pretty either way, but please, not Romeo. The kid will be teased his WHOLE life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My name is Alissa. That and Alysia are close enough that I can promise you having that name will drive any girl crazy. People always say it and spell it wrong and it gets annoying. I am neutral about Romeo, but I do really like Jameson.

CelestialSong
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I like Alysia, but not either of the boy names.

jakesmom323
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Oh I don't want to say what I'm thinking....but love Jameson;) I think the Bourbon but so cute.
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting susannah2000:

Romeo, absolutely NOT. How would alysia be pronounced, Aleesha or Alee see ah? It's pretty either way, but please, not Romeo. The kid will be teased his WHOLE life.

It would be pronounced ah lye sha? Just so you know, she will be spending her life telling people how to pronounce it and spell it. Her ENTIRE  life. Please, don't make it difficult for your kids.

kristen0812
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I love Jameson. And James Patterson is one of favorite authors so I wouldn't mind being reminded of him everyday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM
How should I spell it? I've just always thought it was spelled like that. You're right and I don't want her to have to correct it all the time

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting susannah2000:

It would be pronounced ah lye sha? Just so you know, she will be spending her life telling people how to pronounce it and spell it. Her ENTIRE  life. Please, don't make it difficult for your kids.

emmypaige
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I don't really care for any of those names, but I've heard worse.
Christenrenee
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I like alysia a lot.  I like Jameson a lot better than Romeo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Bump I updated
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN