Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Neighbors from Hell!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

A house next to us is a rental. Typically the owner rents to good, considerate people and we've never had a problem before. The house has sat empty for about 5 months until 5 weeks ago a new family(s) moved in and it's been HELL!!

Cops have been there SIX times already. Domestic disputes, kids running around naked outside, women walking around out front topless screaming at kids, kids stealing lawn ornaments from other neighbors, kids peeing in others yards, etc. There are at least 8 kids (ages from 6 weeks to 8 years) and 2 adults living in this house. Two older women who must be the mothers of these children. They are from some African country so they speak and understand little English and they obviously do NOT understand American culture yet they live here. They are constantly yelling. They hang up their clothes to dry on the fence that separates our house which is technically my fence as it's on my side of the property line (owner knows this). I've told them to never hang anything on that fence or else I'm going to push it off. Well, I've had to push them off several times now. Last night I told them I will be spraying them with bleach the next time I see them hanging there. Last week when I caught one of the boys in my yard breaking my lawn ornaments I went to speak to their mother who was in the shower. When I told her she needs to watch her kids, she said "I'm a single mom of 5 kids so I have to take a shower." Seriously? She didn't apologize or make her kids apologize.

We've contacted the owner several times but she doesn't care. We've never had a problem with her before. I'm assuming that in the lease it states something that if the police are over at your house 3 or more times then you'll be evicted. Typically there is some kind of clause similar to that, right?

I'm going nuts. These people are terrible. I've tried everything. Talking with them, threatening them, baking cookies for them, contacting the owner, calling the police, etc. I want to decorate my house for Halloween this weekend but I'm afraid to because my lawn ornaments may go missing from these kids stealing. I've caught them TWICE. Once in my yard stealing my butterfly lights and across the street.

What would you do? Any suggestions other than sucking it up and dealing with it? I refuse to not decorate my house for the holidays just because of some ignorant, inconsiderate people who don't know how to watch their own kids! Grrr

EDIT: I should mention that we are not in a low income area of our city but these people look extremely low income. The homes price ranges are from $300,000 - $800,000 so we are a very well taken care of area and each of us homeowners takes pride in our yards so having these kids come and ruin it really pisses us all off. We've been talking for weeks on how to get these people out...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Bump
allornone
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Try talking to the children? Build a relationship with The children? The children probably speak English.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Call the police and press charges.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Wow... That's a lot to take In... I live in a apartment and never have any problems with my neighbors... I don't even know what you could do about that ...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Tried that, they barely speak English. They don't listen and have no respect. That's one of the reasons I baked cookies so that I could get in and speak with them. The 18 month old and 3 year old are sweet as can be but the older ones are little brats. I won't allow my son to play with them because I don't want that kind of influence on him.

Quoting allornone:

Try talking to the children? Build a relationship with The children? The children probably speak English.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Press charges for what? I've called 3 times already for the nudity and domestic problems we heard and seen over there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Stealing, and if I am not mistaken, public nudity gets you on the sex offender list and you go to jail. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Press charges for what? I've called 3 times already for the nudity and domestic problems we heard and seen over there.

Quoting Anonymous:

witch45
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I would talk to the police and see if they have any suggestions.  I would also put up cameras so I would have proff of everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)