Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher spanking a child?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM
  • 213 Replies

To start off, I am 28 years old. I went to Kindergarten in 1990 (in Ohio), making me 5 years old. I specifically remember children getting spanked for being bad, by the teacher. As long as the teacher had another teacher to witness the act and only used her hand, it was legal for her to spank a child that was being bad. Once, there was a boy in my class that just wouldn't listen to her. She said this was the final straw, took him by the hand into the hallway. You could see her walk into the class next door and have that teacher come out to be her witness. Then, you heard the spankings followed by crying. When my teacher returned, the child was not with her. He probably was sent to the principals office.  Do any of you have stories like this? 

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Nope. That's terrifying and definitely not the teacher's job.
Jac817
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I'm sure it's illegal now. But, 20+ years ago apparently it was allowed. Yes, I agree! Not the teachers job what so ever. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. That's terrifying and definitely not the teacher's job.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Its been 25 years since i was in kindergarten. No spanking went on in my school.
Jac817
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM

23 for me. What state did you attend school in?

Quoting Seagodess:

Its been 25 years since i was in kindergarten. No spanking went on in my school.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I'd have someone arrested for raising a hand to my child.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Oregon.

Quoting Jac817:

23 for me. What state did you attend school in?

Quoting Seagodess:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I don't remember anything like that and we are about the same age
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Nope be cc side by 1978 when i started kinder corporal punishment was illegal in Illinois.

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM

It is one of those memories that always stuck with me. I was spanked as a child by my parents, but not by the teacher. Then, I thought it was normal for the teacher to do that. 23 years later, heck no!

Quoting crescentstar2:

I don't remember anything like that and we are about the same age

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Absolutely NOT . I went to school in the late 60's and 70's and I was never spanked nor did I see or hear of anyone being spanked.....smdh     My mom would have blown someones brains out if they spanked me or my brother. My family doesn't spank for any reason so no one else is going to spank us either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)