Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate being a step mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
My husband has a daughter from a one night stand 18 years ago.
She just recently got immigration to approve her living with us.
I basically addopted her as he's not on the birth certificate.

Well she's been here since june. He bought her a laptop and iPhone. She's on
Skype and Facebook 24/7. She's failing all her classes at high school.
She has the brain of a 15 year old but she's 18!
At this rate she will be in highschool forever.

She's classified as an 11th grader at the high school.

Today I asked her to do the dishes she cried, he came home bought her a new iPhone.

He told her I was rude to her. If he thinks I was rude he should tell me alone not in front of her.

Now everything I say she's not going to listen to or she will cry and he will buy her something. Now he's mad sleeping on the couch, which shows her she cries he get mad at me.

She's failing every single class at school. I feel we should take away iPhone and computer until the grades are up. He will not do that.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Take it away then. He obviously doesn't know how to raise a kid. She's 18, can't ypu egally kick her out since she's an adult ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM
2 moms liked this

why did you adopt her?and I didnt know you can adopt a 18 year old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:32 AM
We have been trying to get her here since she was 5 years old. Immigration stinks when dad is not on the birth certificate. I adopted her at 16

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:33 AM
I don't think kicking her out will help. My husband would most likely go with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Take it away then. He obviously doesn't know how to raise a kid. She's 18, can't ypu egally kick her out since she's an adult ?

da808gypsy
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Just take it away?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:46 AM

you adopted her or your dh?and do you have children with your dh?If you have been with him this long since you have been trying to get her since she was 5 your dh should respect you or I would be questioning his loyalty to you and his respect as your dh..just saying maybe it is time for marriage counseling or to kick your dh in the balls which ever your more comfortable with.good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

We have been trying to get her here since she was 5 years old. Immigration stinks when dad is not on the birth certificate. I adopted her at 16

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe you shouldn't have married a man with a child if you "hate" being a stepmom.

busymommy2013
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM
He's trying to make up for lost time it seems. If I'm reading this right, I'm thinking he hasn't been able to see her often? If I'm wrong, disregard. When a parent has not been in a child's life for a while, then showers the child with whatever he or she wants, will only create a monster. He sees nothing wrong with spoiling her, but doesn't realize that he is actually hurting her instead.
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Rome wasnt built in a day. She's 18 and spent het entire life living totally different, you can't expect to change her and win her in a few short months it won't happen. The three of you need to go to counseling you need help getting organized into a family and your husband needs to get on the same page with you parenting.

Have patients it'll come together but not in 3 months
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:11 AM
7 moms liked this
That is the most annoying ignorant answer ever. She's only been a sm since June and these are very difficult circumstance, give her a break

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you shouldn't have married a man with a child if you "hate" being a stepmom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)