Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you afford a lot of kids? (Moms with 4 or more kids)

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 213 Replies

Kudos to moms with lots of kids but no thanks for me

How do you afford to raise all those children? 

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I often wonder the same thing. On of my ds's friends is the oldest of four....he just turned seven!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Our grocery bill is 125 a week (that includes non-food items). We shop at tjmax and Ross....we don't have cable...we have one car....it works out wonderfully actually.
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Oh my!  that is A LOT of little ones

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I often wonder the same thing. On of my ds's friends is the oldest of four....he just turned seven!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder that as well, but I think we all know that answer FS and things other people give them.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

i dont, my friend does, she is a SAHM, her DH makes a good living.

she grew up with 14 siblings, her mom was a SAHM as well.

it's NOT hard if you have the funds.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Our your kids still little?  What about when they get older?  When they go to college are they going to pay for their own?  I am the youngest out of 8-my parents both worked full time and we had to pay for our own college.  We never went without but it sure was tight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our grocery bill is 125 a week (that includes non-food items). We shop at tjmax and Ross....we don't have cable...we have one car....it works out wonderfully actually.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM
true but I am thinking of an average middle class family (like us) I have one son and we host (it is all volunteer) and we are middle class and we don't live fancy and that is about all we can afford
Quoting AJsMom81507:

i dont, my friend does, she is a SAHM, her DH makes a good living.

she grew up with 14 siblings, her mom was a SAHM as well.

it's NOT hard if you have the funds.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I guess I should put it in my post-I was wondering of an average middle class family who receives no food stamps or government assistance-How do they afford it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder that as well, but I think we all know that answer FS and things other people give them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
We have 4 together. We each have a child from a previous marriage and have two together. Neither of us get CS very often from ex spouses but we make do and are doing better every year with building savings etc. No one ever goes without.
LbH8rproof
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM
My husband and I worked. But since he passed away I get SSI dependent benefits and I get food stamps. My 14 yr old DS goes to work with his uncle from time to time and he uses his money to get what he wants. We're managing...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)