Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

comments from strangers 2013 s/o

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this
Where the hell does everyone live that everyone on this site gets comments from complete strangers?!?!

How would these people ever know you're a single mom, not married, ect. Unless you go down the isle screaming your business at the top of your lungs??

thanks ladies for your insight. If I ignored your comment I'm sorry because I'm on my tablet and it's hard to answer each and everyone.

Also sorry for any spelling errors, again, my tablet just updated and I'm still getting used to the changes.

I'm leaving right now to run errands, so if I don't answer until tonight it does not mean I abandoned this post. I've just been busy all day.
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
They lie.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I get no comments or stares. I'm boring :(
-spork2.0-
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I live in Philly. A lot of times people just.. assume.. they have the right to say anything.

Eta.. I get comments about being unmarried with so many kids *3* from the older women around DDs school. I wear no ring, which is where the assumption comes from - its a heavily old school Italian neighborhood. And I get comments about my children's ethnicity(or ethnicities if people are smart enough to realize my oldest ISNT half black).. or hell I even get comments about me being white raising my black kids "wrong".. it sucks but eh. I gtfo it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiesmom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM
We are pretty boring too. Guess we don't warrant interference from Joe Schmoe. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
People are creatures of assuming... They jump to conclusions with little to no facts. I've never had anyone say anything to me but im sure it happens.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I look a little younger than I am. I get looks at the school when I go to get my kids, some of the other moms will stare & whisper. Bunch of stuck ups though, I couldn't care less.

I don't get any stares or comments when I'm in public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I've been asked quite a bit over the years. SO and I will meet someone, introduce ourselves, and one of the first questions is almost always about our marriage. When we tell them that we're not married the comments are usually pretty ignorant or just plain rude. I don't understand the obsession over us "needing" to get married.

poshkat
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

People are creatures of assuming... They jump to conclusions with little to no facts. I've never had anyone say anything to me but im sure it happens.

yes they are but...I've never met ANYONE who got comments, questions or dirty looks. I must not know anyone interesting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I had a guy tell me he wanted to suck on my toes. Weirdest comment this year. I was at work and on smoke break, he joined me, we were chit-chatting and bam! Craziness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Even if people were saying something or staring I do not notice them. I'm too busy trying not forget stuff while I'm out. The closest I guess came a few weeks ago. Me and dh compare prices at Walmart to get cheaper prices and he said an older couple were staring at us and the fat dude was saying something about how we must be using food stamps. We were not. I didn't notice or care, even if I was what business is it of theirs to try and shame someone who does have it. Just keep clogging your arteries man and keep your trap shut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured