Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those who are concerned about teachers wearing inappropriate clothes (jeans, shorts, etc)

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 76 Replies

I thought of this forum the other day at work.  I had to do a child control hold because one of my students was aggressing toward staff and also demonstrating self-injurious behaviors.  During said hold, child peed on my leg.  I couldn't stop the hold as that would endanger the child.  Once the child was calm and I was able to release the hold, I had to change.  I couldn't leave the building so I couldn't go home to get new "appropriate" work clothes; once this child aggresses, it is more likely to happen again (this is the first time he ever urinated during a hold.  He's had toilet accidents as part of behavior but never when held before).  I had jeans in my car because I was going away for the weekend after work.  A coworker went to the car and got my suitcase.  So, I was in jeans for the remainder of the day.  Would you complain if you saw me in jeans even if you knew the reason (when this child is having an episode, everyone can hear as he's extremely loud)? For those who feel that it is never appropriate for a teacher to wear jeans, which would be more appropriate - slacks with a urine soaked leg or clean jeans?  I was just thankful that I had clothes in the car and from now on will keep clothes in my class just in case because once it happens, it could easily happen again.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I never understood why people care about a teacher in jeans? My kids school has casual Friday for the teachers. Must be nice for them.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I wouldnt think anything of it, teachers at my ds's school wear jeans frequently. I dont see jeans in elementary school as inappropriate
Sarah321
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I personally don't care what my kids teachers wear, as long as they don't wear offensive shirts or something, (like with vulgar stuff on them) I don't know why people are offended by jeans. I have never been a dress up kind of person I guess. I don't think anyone would expect you to wear pee soaked pants. Is this kid in a regular classroom?

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

There will be some idiot here who will say they would complain, and insist you should've simply made a new pair of pants from magically conjured threads. 

Who give a shit what a teacher is wearing as long as he/she can effectively do her job?  Dressy clothes are so overrated and overvalued in this world.  As long as the important bits are covered... I'm trying to think of a profession that I would be bothered if that person was wearing jeans. Hmmmm.  

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
This

Quoting Sarah321:

I personally don't care what my kids teachers wear, as long as they don't wear offensive shirts or something, (like with vulgar stuff on them) I don't know why people are offended by jeans. I have never been a dress up kind of person I guess. I don't think anyone would expect you to wear pee soaked pants. Is this kid in a regular classroom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Uh...what is wrong with wearing jeans? lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

some just look for reasons to bitch about things.

psst. its because their home lives aren't really that good, and they want to make everyone as miserable as they are.

For all I care you could wear jeans everyday, and I wouldnt think twice about it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My ds's school has uniforms. I wish the teachers had to follow it as well. Other than that though, I do not care what they wear, as long as it is appropriate.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Personally no I wouldn't. Wrinkled obviously not caring about what you look like might make me a little curious as to what is going on but unless it is a mess on a reguar basis no I wouldn't care. The teachers here wear knee length shorts and shirts during the hot months and it doesnt bother me. Sometimes they wear sneakers too..all that matters to me is my child's education and if she is growing and learning according to guidelines. Also that she is treated fairly and with respect.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I have no issues with teachers wearing jeans or shirts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured