Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

doberman's new ears edit

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes even after all y'alls crazy comments I still got his ears cropped. The whole process was easy and took about 30 minutes. Stitches stayed in exactly one week and this picture was taken after being posted for two days. He is so so so handsome now and he looks like a beautiful doberman.

EDIT: It is a military/pet style. This is our first time having to deal with posting and we wanted to reduce our risks of a crop and flop. So yes it is shorter than a show cut that most are accoustomed to but we did think responsibly and didnt want it to go thru the surgery and healing with a long crop and us mess up and the ears just flop anyways. 

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
Shabbydoll78
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Awwww! He's pretty! I love Dobermans, they are good dogs.

We have a boxer pup,and debated getting her ears cropped. I grew up with Boxers and they were all cropped. I think they look nice that way. Classic breed standard. However, we decided to leave her ears alone. In part because my children were/are so against having her cropped. And in part because we would have to drive her to L.A ( hour and a half) and pay up 500 hundred dollars simply for looks, so it made no sense in he long run. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
4 moms liked this

I bet he looked more beautiful with his ears intact, as they should be. 

I wish someone would hold you down and do forceful cosmetic surgery without your permission. You're a bad human being. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this

They are born with the ears and tails that way for a reason. If they were meant to have those ugly ears and no tails they would have been born that way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this
This is so stupid, everyone giving OP grief. Why don't you all go picket the kennel club dog shows? They crop and dock dogs for show purposes. Seriously NOT a big deal. When you get your dogs spayed and neutered, you think they don't feel pain? How about dew claws?
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Sick.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Yep.

He looked like a doberman before, just not one who had his ears cropped. When do you start showing him?

Quoting tardistraveller:

He looks like a doberman that's been mutilated.

Krysta622
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
So it's simply aesthetic? I didn't know if it was beneficial in any way.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Man some people shouldn't have animals. Grrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teeloffel
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Disgusting. 

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Poor doggy. I can never help but wonder what the animal wanted when people do this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)