Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't get laid because of my damn dog!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm single and dating a great guy for the first time in a long time. Every time we get all hot and bothered and things get intimate, my dog freaks out! I'm going crazy!! If I put him in his kennel (and don't leave) he barks. If I keep him off the bed, he barks, if we make out, he barks, if my guy moans....the damn dog barks. OMG!!! What do I do?

It's just been my dog and I for a long time. He doesn't bark hardly ever when it's just us. Just the normal barking if someone comes to the door or if there's someone scetchy outside. I've had him for 12+ years. But, hot damn...,I just wanna get some without the dog freaking out!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
GaleJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Your next date should be a dog training class with your dog so you can learn to properly handle your dog. For people and their companion dogs to have the healthiest and happiest relationship the dog must understand and accept their place as bottom dog in the pack/family. Until then your dog will continue to challenge your supremacy in this and other inappropriate ways.
KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Hotel maybe?

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, if someone locked me in a cage and started having sex beside me, I think I would start barking too.

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Okay, bad idea, I've never had a dog.

Quoting Bulldog-Mommy10:Really? No dog lover would do that / the dog isn't doing anything wrong! He just doesn't understand

Quoting Anonymous:Put him outside in the kennel.

Quoting Anonymous:I live in a row house, so there's no outside option. If I close the bedroom door and leave the dog out...he barks. He wants to be with me, in the same room, all the time. It hasn't been a problem before. It's was basically just the dog and I. But now....this is a problem.

Quoting emilysmom8:

Put the dog outside? Close your bedroom door and keep your dog out of your room? Go to his house?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Now that is a good idea! Seriously, I love my dog, and he has been a very good judge of character over the years. I know he's just very protective of me. He's sort of the same way when we go out to walk. He's always between me and any other people, has to check out everything before me. He's a great old dog. I just need his anxiety and over protective nature to chill out a little bit. I don't want to punish him, but I do want his behavior to change.

Quoting Bulldog-Mommy10:

Sometimes they know - sometimes, they're just being difficult! My husband and I have the same problem with our dog, that we got together as a puppy... She's a little too spoiled! So we have devised a system - the peanut butter bone! (This will sound crazy...) I go upstairs, so we aren't leaving the room together - he gets a hollow bone (no rawhide!), and fills it with peanut butter... She's so excited about the bone, she totally focuses on that and forgets about us for awhile!

Quoting Anonymous:

I really don't think so. My dog has definitely saved me from some real jerks, but that's not the case this time. He's totally fine if the guy comes over....we just can't touch. When my dog didn't like the guy, he could barely make it in the front door.

Quoting jah26:

Go somewhere else? Is the dog trying to tell you something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Funny! I haven't put him in his kennel while we're doing our thing. I can't kennel him at all if we (my boy and I) are home. The dog is crate trained for when we're not in the house, but if we're home, he's part of the family and is not kenneled.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Well, if someone locked me in a cage and started having sex beside me, I think I would start barking too.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Oh, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you said that you put him in the kennel in your room.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny! I haven't put him in his kennel while we're doing our thing. I can't kennel him at all if we (my boy and I) are home. The dog is crate trained for when we're not in the house, but if we're home, he's part of the family and is not kenneled.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

CafeMom Tickers

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Get a kong stuff it with some smelly yummy food the dog loves and put him in his kennel.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Dogs are sex police.  Our little girl dog (she's 4 now) used to sit right next to us on the bed when we started getting busy, but now she puts herself on a folded up blanket I keep on the floor for her when we start playing, and when we're done she comes back up on the bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I've had my dog for 12+ years. I don't think a date for a dog training lesson is going to fix the issue. And I'm not sure that the cost of professional training makes sense given his age. I've looked into it....that's a lot of money for, at best, a couple years of benefit. There is a man coming into his house, with his person...my dog just wants to protect me. I do need to find a way to correct the behavior, but I also think that my dog and I have a relationship that works...until a man gets involved.

Quoting GaleJ:

Your next date should be a dog training class with your dog so you can learn to properly handle your dog. For people and their companion dogs to have the healthiest and happiest relationship the dog must understand and accept their place as bottom dog in the pack/family. Until then your dog will continue to challenge your supremacy in this and other inappropriate ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN