Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't get laid because of my damn dog!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm single and dating a great guy for the first time in a long time. Every time we get all hot and bothered and things get intimate, my dog freaks out! I'm going crazy!! If I put him in his kennel (and don't leave) he barks. If I keep him off the bed, he barks, if we make out, he barks, if my guy moans....the damn dog barks. OMG!!! What do I do?

It's just been my dog and I for a long time. He doesn't bark hardly ever when it's just us. Just the normal barking if someone comes to the door or if there's someone scetchy outside. I've had him for 12+ years. But, hot damn...,I just wanna get some without the dog freaking out!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Lock the dog in the bathroom.

Or wonder if the dog knows something about this guy that you don't.

Get the guy to try to make friends with your dog.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Maybe the dog is trying to tell you something

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

People read too much into the dog's behavior sometimes. The dog's jealous that it's not getting attention. Lock it up and give it some treats and a favorite toy. Ignore the barking. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Quoting MicheleJM:

He's probably jealous.  I'd make sure your guy paid lots of attention to him, feed him treats, play with him, etc.  After that I'd put him in the kennel, turn the music up high and...ignore the barking.  As a matter of fact you can put him in the kennel, go into the bedroom without making out...if he doesn't bark, reward him.  If he does, ignore him until he stops and then praise/reward him for stopping.  Same with the bed.  Train him to jump off the bed and reward him when he does.  Ignore barking; it's like a kid having a trantrum for attention.

My husbands dog was very jelous when we first started dating

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Right? He's jealous and over protective. But there was a guy once that he didn't like at all. This is different. Just a dog that's used to being with me all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

People read too much into the dog's behavior sometimes. The dog's jealous that it's not getting attention. Lock it up and give it some treats and a favorite toy. Ignore the barking. 

joshlor2
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I totally understand! Our dogs literally will sleep between my husband and I if we start the night cuddling. We tried locking them out of the room but then they scratch and wine LOL
momof2891
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Damn I thought we had it bad with our kids interrupting our sexy time. I agree with the others... You need to train the dog so he doesn't freak out every time y'all touch or make noise.
GaleJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM
But the problem is that a man is involved and this is an issue for you. Please consider the many training classes offered for little or no cost through places like pet supply stores, park districts, etc. Sometimes changing situations require new, additional, or refreshing training for both the people and the dog...and by the way old dogs can and do learn new tricks, and training if given the opportunity.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had my dog for 12+ years. I don't think a date for a dog training lesson is going to fix the issue. And I'm not sure that the cost of professional training makes sense given his age. I've looked into it....that's a lot of money for, at best, a couple years of benefit. There is a man coming into his house, with his person...my dog just wants to protect me. I do need to find a way to correct the behavior, but I also think that my dog and I have a relationship that works...until a man gets involved.

Quoting GaleJ:

Your next date should be a dog training class with your dog so you can learn to properly handle your dog. For people and their companion dogs to have the healthiest and happiest relationship the dog must understand and accept their place as bottom dog in the pack/family. Until then your dog will continue to challenge your supremacy in this and other inappropriate ways.

rosewind13
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My dog used to get jealous if my XH so much as hugged me. And I got her AFTER we got married, lol. They are funny like that, sometimes.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM

throw his ass in the yard and get you some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)