Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you leave him? *POLL ADDED*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you allow your husband's poor time management to make you late for something at your child's school?

Options:

Yes. As much as it sucks, I'd wait for him.

No. I would leave so someone would be there on time.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 161

View Results

My husband has no concept of time.  It's insane.  Yesterday, we were supposed to be at my son's school for something special.  I warned him when we needed to leave in an hour.  He started cooking eggs and toasting bagels.  Taking his dear sweet time.  While he was eating, I said, "We have to leave at 20 till.  You have 30 minutes to get ready."  

Well, the time comes to leave, and he is still in the shower.  My son and his teacher were expecting us at an exact time, and I refused to be late.  I calmly said, "I'm leaving.  I'll take the kids (2 younger ones)."  He got furious.  He was naked and soaking wet.  We had to be at the school in 15 minutes.  He screamed at me that I was acting like a child, and of course, only got more angry when I said, "You can't manage to stick to a simple deadline, and I'm a child?  I have dressed two children, driven them to school, dressed two more children, put them in carseats, and dressed myself.  You can't even take care of yourself!" 

Here's the best part.... "If you leave me, it will be the last time you ever see me!"

sidesplittinglaughter

1. You can't pack your shit that fast.

2. We have four kids.  Do you honestly think you can just never see me again?

3. If you want to leave me for keeping my word to our son, then so be it.  I'm not letting him down because you don't have your shit together.

So, I left.

He called and told me to come back.  I said that I would drive back down the street and if he was outside and ready, I would pick him up.  Otherwise, I'd keep driving to the school.  He was there.  He got in.  We left.

He screamed at me the whole way to the school and called me a "bitch" and a "moron".  He said that I'm a child.  He said, "I'm so done with you."

Later in the day, he refused to apologize.  My brother was over hanging out with us, so there wasn't any conversation about it after dinner.  He asked me to rub his head while we were watching TV, I looked at him like he'd lost his mind, and he mouthed "I'm sorry".  I laughed and said that whenever he was ready I would accept a real apology- one made in attempt to repair what he did instead of one made to get what he wanted.

I haven't been able to muster the strength to be nice to him.  He's been a real jerk.  He called me horrible names.  He acted like a tyrant.  I lose respect for him as a man by the minute.  He's mad at me for being ugly to him, but I'm not ready to make nice.  He screwed up.  He needs to make the effort to fix it.

I don't think that I'm wrong for being obviously pissed off, and I don't think I was wrong for leaving him.

Do you?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaratheV
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I never would have made four kids that that dipshit.
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I would leave and never look back. How old are the two children that got to hear him call their mother a bitch?

pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I love my kids, and I don't regret them.

I just think that it is unfortunate that I didn't realize the potential for his slight jerk tendencies to explode into this.  I never would have dreamed that he would turn into this kind of man.  Truth?  I didn't know his dad well enough before we married.  His preferred family style is dictatorship, too.

Quoting SaratheV:

I never would have made four kids that that dipshit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM
9 months old
Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I would leave and never look back. How old are the two children that got to hear him call their mother a bitch?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Leave him. He obviously doesn't respect you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Would anyone just be late because he took too long?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My question was actually would you leave him and go on to the school?  But I understand why people think I should leave him in general.  He doesn't respect me.  You're right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Leave him. He obviously doesn't respect you.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM
That's a pretty shitty thing for him to say
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)