Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Damn Greedy Parents!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 93 Replies
4 moms liked this

So, I have been thinking today regards to the other post, not every penny he makes belongs to you.

I have noticed that a lot of parents on here think that their kids should be priority including financial (having more things then neccessary) so forth.

While I dig some people love spending every dime they make on their kids, what about parents that enjoy spending on themselves? Some women spend it on manicure, clothing, craft shit and so forth. What about the men? Guns, fishing items so forth.

I do believe that women spend ten times more money than the men do... Some men outbeat their women sure but most working their asses off while the women are busy spending like a rushed bee prepping for winter...

Let us not forget teenagers, the older they get the more expensive they become... Do you start cutting back or do you cut back on your own spending to cater to you teens?

We make our teens buy their luxuries and extras. We provide the neccessities.

Nevertheless, the teens seem to whine and bitch if we spend money on OURSELVES that are luxuries, clothing, trips, movies.....

Damn kids.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Bump

Yogamom08
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I hear ya. I rarely treat myself. All the extra spending is done on the kids.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Well when I had my oldest as the only child I didnt really mind but I did spend a lot on crafts. Back then I did florals, deco painting so forth. Now that my oldest is graduated and we still have a seven year old we are spending MORE on ourselves. THe kids seem to be offended by it like the money should be spent on them.. WTF?

Quoting Yogamom08:

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM
My DS, 7 almost 8 asked once "why do you spend SOOOO much money on groceries!? Its like you get special time every week! "

I let his daddy handle that's one rolol. ;-) evidently, according to DS I spend money frivolously every week.... guess he doesn't enjoy meals and yet according to him "I don't want little scraps, I want a FULL MEAL!" lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

If we can afford it and we believe they deserve extras we shell out the cash for reasonable items. If they bitch and whine when I do stuff for me (which I rarely do) I'd stop buying them extras and they can get a job and get it themselves. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I wish I had my sister's girl twin. I guess when they are garage saling, shopping, anything I mean anything anywhere any time my sister will be like do you want this? Avery will say no... I dont want that.. It can be candy, toys, clothing, you name it. She will never ask you to buy her a thing and turn you down if you offer to buy it for her. The boy twin on the other hand, constantly asking... Can I have this??????

Strange becasuse the twins just start Kindergarten and the girl has always been that way. Kina makes you wonder is really PARENTING or is it just personality with kids?????

Quoting eesmommy:

My DS, 7 almost 8 asked once "why do you spend SOOOO much money on groceries!? Its like you get special time every week! "

I let his daddy handle that's one rolol. ;-) evidently, according to DS I spend money frivolously every week.... guess he doesn't enjoy meals and yet according to him "I don't want little scraps, I want a FULL MEAL!" lol

Yogamom08
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Sadly, my 28 year old sister still thinks she is entitled to my parents' money.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well when I had my oldest as the only child I didnt really mind but I did spend a lot on crafts. Back then I did florals, deco painting so forth. Now that my oldest is graduated and we still have a seven year old we are spending MORE on ourselves. THe kids seem to be offended by it like the money should be spent on them.. WTF?

Quoting Yogamom08:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM

ya well I have done this where they go shopping and come home brag what they got I will ask, did you get me anything? They will be likle um well no... its my money. Im like oh I see, so OUR money (dad and I) belong to everyone but us right? They will just roll their eyes... but ya, if you are a teen you are the exception to the world....

Quoting Anonymous:

If we can afford it and we believe they deserve extras we shell out the cash for reasonable items. If they bitch and whine when I do stuff for me (which I rarely do) I'd stop buying them extras and they can get a job and get it themselves. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I do see it happening. Crazy considering these same types of people expect gifts but never give them.....

Quoting Yogamom08:

Sadly, my 28 year old sister still thinks she is entitled to my parents' money.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Yogamom08:

Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I rarely buy extras for myself, my extra money goes to my kids. They are still very small yet, so I feel like their needs definitely come before mine. My money is VERY tight. For instance I had quite a bit saved for myself to get a cut and color. I wound up spending it on things they needed and had them get haircuts instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)