Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, I have been thinking today regards to the other post, not every penny he makes belongs to you.

I have noticed that a lot of parents on here think that their kids should be priority including financial (having more things then neccessary) so forth.

While I dig some people love spending every dime they make on their kids, what about parents that enjoy spending on themselves? Some women spend it on manicure, clothing, craft shit and so forth. What about the men? Guns, fishing items so forth.

I do believe that women spend ten times more money than the men do... Some men outbeat their women sure but most working their asses off while the women are busy spending like a rushed bee prepping for winter...

Let us not forget teenagers, the older they get the more expensive they become... Do you start cutting back or do you cut back on your own spending to cater to you teens?

We make our teens buy their luxuries and extras. We provide the neccessities.

Nevertheless, the teens seem to whine and bitch if we spend money on OURSELVES that are luxuries, clothing, trips, movies.....

Damn kids.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (91-93):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Let me just put it this way...

After 2 years of paying for our oldest dd college only to waste thousands of dollars on it due to her not doing her best my husband and decided enough was enough and we put our old house up for sale and bought our dream home.  Our original plan was to get her through college and then sell the house to buy a new one but that did not end up happening.  

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Um tickerbell...

The Hawaii trip is NOT a family trip... It was originally a trip for the inlaws only two people already reserved with Time Share. They were kind enough to give us THEIR trip. It is only fixed for TWO PEOPLE.

Im sorry you and your hubby do not feel your marriage is as VALUABLE as ours. Pity.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Nope... I stand by what I said.  I would NEVER, EVER consider taking a family vacation without the kid.  Why even have a kid if you're going to be that damn selfish?  The ONLY time I WOULD EVEN consider it if the kid was already someplace else at the time... like camp or on a sleep over with friends or on a vacation with a friend's family.  I would not up and leave the kid at home or dump off on family.  Bad parenting as far as I'm concerned.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Yeah...that's a bit much and perhaps a little presumptive.

Just because she vacations without her kids doesn't mean she loves them any less than you love yours. 

I loved my parents a ton, and no doubt they love me. but when I was a teen they went on many a vacation without me,and I was thrilled. I liked the Independence. I liked that they trusted me. I liked that they lived like human beings with emotional and mental needs that extended beyond the desire to cart me around every time they left the house for a vacation.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I'm sorry you love your kids less than I do.

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh gee I mean the world will end if mom and dad take a break from the kids. what a sin....

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I wouldn't dream of taking a vaction without my kid unless she was all grown up and out of the house living her own life. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

sorry but Im not crying about it. Im going to Hawaii with hubby in March the children are NOT invited. If that is selfish then so be it. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

To spend money on yourself for luxury items but not the rest of the family is selfish.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Im sorry meow :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Let me just put it this way...

After 2 years of paying for our oldest dd college only to waste thousands of dollars on it due to her not doing her best my husband and decided enough was enough and we put our old house up for sale and bought our dream home.  Our original plan was to get her through college and then sell the house to buy a new one but that did not end up happening.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN