Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call Me a B**** But I Feel Better.

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

A few days ago a neighbor girl and her friend came and asked my son to play outdoors with them. He didn't want to, telling me they're mean. I talked him into it thinking maybe this time it would be different. Instead he came home sobbing and angry at me for talking him into playing with them. 

She just came over asking for him to play. I told her he didn't want to play with her because last time she and the other girl were picking on him. She said he knew they were just playing around. I told her I didn't think so. His feelings were really hurt; he came home 'crying very hard'. I told her to think about how her words and actions affect others next time and if she can start being nice maybe he'll want to start playing with her again.

And FWIW, I did talk to the mother the day this happened, and she laughed it off.

There's my confession. I don't feel bad.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM
4 moms liked this

You're not the bitch, she is. 

coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I wouldnt feel bad either.

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Good for you.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM
If you really want me to call you a b**** I will but I don't think you are one for doing that lol. I wouldn't have given her ammunition to use against my child though. I would have just said no.
2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
YOU HEARTLESS BIT**!!! Jk I would have done the same thing. Kids need to learn that words hurt people and if their parents allow it and laugh it off....they're going to turn into bullies and we all see what can happen from there....
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I wouldn't feel bad. You didn't say or do anything wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I would have felt like a bitch for subjecting my kid to those girls when he told me specifically why he didn't want to play with them.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I wouldn't feel bad either. The other mother should, but sadly no one seems to care anymore.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I wouldn't feel bad either. It was about time someone called her on the way she behaved.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I told the girls and him to all be nice. Something I always say when a kid comes over asking for him to come out and play. I don't (and did not) feel like a bitch for trying to get my son outdoors and making (more) friends. I felt bad for him, but not a bitch.

Now had I forced him outdoors today and it happened again, yes I would have felt like a bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have felt like a bitch for subjecting my kid to those girls when he told me specifically why he didn't want to play with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured