Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

35 miscarriages

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I ran into an old friend from high school. We have been hanging out for the last couple of months. When we first started hanging out she said she had 32 miscarriages. The following month after that conversation she said she was pregnant with triplets (no ultrasound proof). Right after I moved across the country, she told me she lost them weeks later-which makes it 35 miscarriages. Then she got pregnant with twins. We have been keeping in touch via facebook since I moved. She apparently said her doctor wanted her to have the babies at 28 weeks due to blood pressure issues. But since she didnt deliver at 28 weeks...she complained and complained. Until she delivered at 30 weeks happily. She has 4 adopted kids, 7 foster kids and 3 kids her own which all were preemies. 

I was wondering, is it normal, common or even healthy to have this many miscarriage plus all preemie babies? Would your midwife or doctor encourage this?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I have to wonder why someone would continue to put themselves through that.  I had one miscarriage and was questioning myself if I even wanted to try again.

KGreen75
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Doesnt seem like it would be good for your body to go through that, that many times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM

That's why it dawned on me and made me wonder and thought I would ask.I have never heard of someone with that kind of history and a doctor saying its a great idea to keep getting pregnant. And putting the babies that do make in high risk. 

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like she is unhealthy physically and mentally .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Yea shes in it for the money. id like for her kids to be replaced
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I don't know her but I think she's a liar. She wants attention.
pregnantmama105
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM
my cousin had a lot of miscarriages... I think its 20 last time i heard. she has Two. one was full term. she had gd so he was chunky. and the other was a.preemie. she she had boarderline hellps syndrome and gd.
amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Thats a lot of pregnancys... Depending on how old she is then thats getting pregnant immediately after having a miscarriege over and over again and most people who talk about that say they are scared to get pregnant after that.. let alone that many times... I think 1 I would question the validity of her numbers... 2, I would wonder whats going on in her head...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Sounds odd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I've had 8 miscarriages and was told it would be best to not attempt any more pregnancies. I couldn't imagine a Dr allowing that many!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)