Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DIL is pissed. talked w/dil

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 411 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok 1st let me say they are not going to fire me as a babysitter because I do it for free. There is noone else who will keep a baby for free anytime they are needed. They are trying to save for a house.

When she got her this morning she apologized to me. She said she knows she overreacted. I apologized for feeding the baby food but it was necessary. She did bring me 5 bags of milk to keep in my freezer just in case but she also said she knows it's about time for solids. The baby will be 6 months on the 26th.

I did not overfeed her. She will not eat if she is full. She will push the bottle with her tongue. She was not doing that yesterday. She gladly took the bottle each time I offered. I never said she finished every bottle. I was told to only give her a bottle once and dump any leftovers. That is what I did. She is growing and wanted food so I fed her. I gave the baby the food at 6:30 and she said the baby went home and nursed again at 8:30. She also said she woke a few times during the night to nurse. I fed her at 6:30 becasue she was screaming and I didn't know what time mom was going to get there.

Today she didn't eat quite that much. She went through 6 of the 8 bottles her mom brought. I had her from 5 until 1.

Y'all can go ahead and bash me all you want but I have to get to bed because my grandbaby will be back at 5 and it's late.

EDIT2 She dropped the baby off at 5am and got here to get her around 7:30. The baby had her last bottle at 4:30 so every hour may have been an exaggeration. I left here at 6 to get the babyfood because I didn't/t know when DIL was going to be here.

I'm not a troll. DIL called me before she clocked in to tell me that someone had called out and they asked her to cover the shift. She agreed because they needed the money. She left me with 8 bottles (6oz each). She ususally feeds the baby every 3 hours but the baby wanted to eat more often. I bought 4 of the smallest jars they make. It took her a few tries to get the hang of it but once she did she loved it. I did what I thought was best. She doesn't want the baby to have formula so I didn't buy any.

I babysit my 5 month old grandbaby while her parents work. The baby drinks breastmilk and today my DIL got held up at work and had to work a double shift. She didn't provide me with enough bottles and the baby was hungry so I went to the store and bought a couple of jars of baby food. I fed her a jar of bananas. I told my DIL about it when she got here and she was pissed. Apparently I fed the baby her very 1st jar of baby food. Oh well I did not want my grandbaby to starve.

EDIT I didn't try to call her. She would have gotten in trouble. NO PERSONAL CALLS ALLOWED! I COULD NOT call her.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Did you know the child wasn't being given solids yet? Did you try to call your DIL first to see what she would have liked you to do?

Photo: -Randi.

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM
9 moms liked this

She'll get over it.   lol    Can't   let those grandbabies go hungry!!!

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Eh. Next time she will leave the kid with extra food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I did not know she had not had babyfood yet and no I didn't try to call my DIL.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Did you know the child wasn't being given solids yet? Did you try to call your DIL first to see what she would have liked you to do?

EmmasMom0305
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
16 moms liked this
At least it wasn't a tootsie roll...
Bieg9093
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Calling Mom would have been the smartest thing to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Ditto here. Did you call her? It seems weird a women who cares enough to pump wouldn't be concerned enough that you didn't have enough food and that the baby was hungry.

Plus I mean canned processed junk wasn't your only choice here.

Quoting brettsmomma:

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Well.... what did she want you to do? Let the baby go hungry?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Ditto here. Did you call her? It seems weird a women who cares enough to pump wouldn't be concerned enough that you didn't have enough food and that the baby was hungry.

Plus I mean canned processed junk wasn't your only choice here.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM
11 moms liked this

Solids would not have been my choice to buy. And it double certainly would not have been bananas.

Should have bought formula. I'd be pissed, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN