Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

feeding baby straight off the table??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
I went out to eat this evening and a woman came in and sat at the table right in front of me with her 3 kids. The oldest looked about 6 then maybe 3-4 and a baby that looked about 6-7months. Its a large place. You order your food and then pick it up when its ready. So the lady takes out a little baggy of peas and pours them onto the table for the baby. Maybe its just me but I would have used a napkin or a plate..anything. I mean the rags that people use to wipe down those tables never really look all that clean, who knows how well they even clean the tables.. she got up to order (all the way on the other side of the restaurant) and left the 3 kids alone. They were completely out of her sight. I thought to myself, the table she chose was right by the front door. Anyone could have grabbed that baby or any of her other kids and ran off. She was only gone for about 5min but it just kind of surprised me.
Anyways, do you feed your kids straight off the table? Or leave your young kids alone at a busy restaurant??
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queencreekmom
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Gross. And hell no, I would never do that.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:41 PM
My babies tossed plates until around the 1 1/2-2 year mark. So yeah, I've fed them off tables. I wouldn't get up and leave them alone, no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM
That's what I say, I mean, you wouldn't eat straight off the table, why would your baby??

Quoting queencreekmom:

Gross. And hell no, I would never do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
No napkin, mat?

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

My babies tossed plates until around the 1 1/2-2 year mark. So yeah, I've fed them off tables. I wouldn't get up and leave them alone, no.

hnischke
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I'd rather my son eat off the table than break plates everywhere we go. I wash his spot before he eats.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
No. If their food was on anything but the table it went flying.

Quoting Anonymous:

No napkin, mat?

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Ever since my daughter started table food she's had a spoon and plate or bowl. So now at 20m she doesn't throw them...and no I wouldn't feed her off the table
kaylaybaby666
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Gross. They wipe the seats then the tables
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
3 moms liked this

I think if her kids sat quietly for the 5 minutes that she was gone, and were well behaved in the restaurant proves that her kids are well taken care of.   If they had been holigans or caused a problem, it would have been understandable.  

However, I bet the mom was VERY aware of where they were and who was around them.   I do the same thing, and trust me...  I'm watching and listening.   If you don't think moms like us are listening, just try to go talk to the kids.   As for the peas on the table... eh...  little icky, but I know my kid would have probably just thrown the napkin or plate on the floor and ate the peas off the table anyway.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I used adhesive throw away place mats. She wouldnt eat off a plate.. it would have gotten thrown so I got those at target I believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)