Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My goal is to move into a trailor...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DH and I live off of about 40k a year in a city with a high cost of living. We just went through bankruptcy 6 months ago so our credit is shot. There is no hope IMO that we will qualify for a bank loan to buy a home. So I've created a savings and I have a goal that maybe within the next 5 years I can buy a manufactured home outright. I know there is no resale value, but in my mind it's not a temporary thing. We currently rent and our apartment doesn't even have a washer/dryer or yard or extras at all. So it would be a step-up from where we currently are. Some of the ones we have been looking at aren't that bad, in fact some are nice. We would have to move maybe an hour outside the city, which is fine by me. They go from 20k-100k.

Is it stupid to have "move into a trailor" as a goal? LOL  I feel like most people would feel totally different, but it's what I hope to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Not stupid unless its a hurricane or tornado prone area.
socalxbombshell
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM

A manufactured home is not a trailer.

I've lived in manufactured homes that were nicer than some track homes I've been in.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Sounds like a good goal for me.

RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I think it's a good idea! Good luck! I have had the same thought myself. Living in the city is not working out any more. If I stopped working tomorrow, i'd be homeless in two weeks!
AprilDJC
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I am trying to get into a manufactured home or modular home too. I am going through a divorce and currently my 3 kids and I live with my parents. I hate not having my own home so that's what I'm working toward!
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I would never live in a trailer. I live in Kansas and they are not safe
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM

We live in a mobile home and I really like it.  So I guess I'm a bit biased. Make like Nike and DO IT.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Trailers and manufactured homes are not the same thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Well at least I'm not the only one! There doesn't seem to be many in the area. I honestly think in this economy they are selling like hot cakes. Many of the listings I find say "sold". 

Quoting AprilDJC:

I am trying to get into a manufactured home or modular home too. I am going through a divorce and currently my 3 kids and I live with my parents. I hate not having my own home so that's what I'm working toward!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Check this site out. If anyone says these home are trashy, I don't think they have a full deck in their heads.

http://www.randallmhomes.com/gallery.html

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH and I live off of about 40k a year in a city with a high cost of living. We just went through bankruptcy 6 months ago so our credit is shot. There is no hope IMO that we will qualify for a bank loan to buy a home. So I've created a savings and I have a goal that maybe within the next 5 years I can buy a manufactured home outright. I know there is no resale value, but in my mind it's not a temporary thing. We currently rent and our apartment doesn't even have a washer/dryer or yard or extras at all. So it would be a step-up from where we currently are. Some of the ones we have been looking at aren't that bad, in fact some are nice. We would have to move maybe an hour outside the city, which is fine by me. They go from 20k-100k.

Is it stupid to have "move into a trailor" as a goal? LOL  I feel like most people would feel totally different, but it's what I hope to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN