Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so depressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I already suffer from depression, I'm taking meds and my next therapy appt is Wednesday.

That being said.... I'm so depressed right now. Like so close to throwing in the towel. I don't have a job, can't find a job.

I have bills up the ass.

Ds' bday is coming up soon and I don't think I can get him a gift. 8 years and he's never even had a bday party.

I got called a bad mom by my jackass ex.... and now ds has the thought in his head that I'm keeping him away from his dad.

And finally, my glasses just broke. Again.

I'm crying and pathetic.

On top of that, I had sex with a guy weeks ago. The guilt is killing me. Should've pushed him off, or did something. Instead, I'm left worrying about whether I'm pregnant or not (2.5 weeks- can't test yet) Not in a relationship, not having sex so I seen no need to use BC for the last year.... apparently he didn't either.

I'm gonna go cry now and hope for a better tomorrow cuz no one in my real life wants to hear about my bs, expect me to be all happy. When all I want to do is sleep.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM
You need to calm down. Have you tried job fairs or temp agencies?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Life is short.

Do the best you can and enjoy life! Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Tried all that, even work today, paid today agencies. :-(

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Everything is going to be alright
lovemyhoney
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Does your depression have an effect on the way you socialize/communicate with people? I really hope things work out for you. What state are you in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I know. Alright just seems so far away from me right now.... like a couple mountains, some valleys of death, throw in a few oceans and I'm still not even half way there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everything is going to be alright
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:07 AM
I'm not sure. But I know my communication and socialization is really bad already. I hate taking and I hate being around people.... but that doesn't help me, ya know.

OH... I guess in good news, the football team won today.

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Does your depression have an effect on the way you socialize/communicate with people? I really hope things work out for you. What state are you in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemyhoney:

lovemyhoney
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM
You need to pretend to be as jolly as can be. I'm sure you will find something eventually! Don't stress, you need to be there for your little one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. But I know my communication and socialization is really bad already. I hate taking and I hate being around people.... but that doesn't help me, ya know.

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I know, it's just hard cuz I know he deserves so much more than what I can give him. Last year, even though my depression was at its worst, I still managed to buy him awesome bday gifts and Christmas gifts.... and now, it's not gonna happen this year. I hate myself for putting him through this crappy life

Quoting lovemyhoney:

You need to pretend to be as jolly as can be. I'm sure you will find something eventually! Don't stress, you need to be there for your little one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemyhoney:

grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:03 AM

First of all, stop communicating with the ex.

give your child his phone number and any time he wants to call his daddy he can.  Eventually, dickmonkey daddy, will attempt to shake loose the kid by being an asshole.  I'm sorry but its going to happen eventually, might as well get it out of the way.

Oh and talk to the ex on speaker phone so your kid can hear whats going on.

Get on BC, stay on BC.  You seem bad at the short term decision making thing.

Call your therapist.  Tell them what is going on, break down on the phone, BAWL.

Um, you had sex or were raped?  "Should've pushed him off, or did something."  Seriously - get the damn morning after pill, do you really need a pregnancy right now????

Stop reacting and start acting - like an adult.

There is help out there.  Get with friends & family - find gift programs, get signed up now.  Layaway is back at lots of stores, maybe between you & some family members you can get him a great gift?

Eyeglass repair - not attractive but can be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN