Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

letter to the ex PLEASE READ!!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:37 AM
  • 4 Replies

chris.

for the last time, last night was it for me.

i want a peaceful life. and now more than ever so, thats what ill be doing.. i dont want to fight with you and i dont want a one sided friendship so until then, from this point forward,  you want your belongings, come get them. but no favors, no rides, no extended visits. no drunk phone calls and no using me for anything. im putting it all on hold till you get your damn head out of your ass. there i said it because it needs to be said. im tired  and worn out for trying to maintain  relationship so one sided, all i ever get in return is hurt and frustration and its getting in my way and attention with the girls. There's no point. i dont want a friend who dosnt even like me anyway. i have no time for this. if the way you treat me is any indication of what im worth to you then dont bother, i get it, you made it quite clear. i mean nothing.

You can call and talk to the girls, you want to see them, we can set something up, no problem. They are my reason for everything. you have no idea how much they have already been through and how much they really need me. its hard enough on the kids to only have one parent, but they have to share me with my job and other responsibilities too. im already stretched more than id like so id appreciate if you would stop giving me hell and making things difficult. you are daddy and very important to them so i will continue to make that effort on their behalf, but only halfway, the rest is up to you. they are, on this earth, the two people who should never ever have to wait on you. if theres anyone that should see the best of you. its them. end of story.

goodbye.

Edit

ive been up all night really thinking about this. things have reached this point. ive tried for so long and what happened tonight wasnt major but a turning point. an epiphany! ive written this letter many many times and im really trying not be be vindictive but i have to be clear about how i feel. ive poured my heart out so many times that i dont even bother  about it anymore, he seems not to care, so i hoped i made my point? for the most part, we are "friends" but like i said in the letter, it just gets complicated with him and stupid. he is an alcoholic, once in recovery but completely off the wagon. also some mental issues that he really needs to take care of. i love him with all my heart and its so painful but i have to make the cut. i lost the marriage and now the friendship is suffering too. its more than i can take especially since i just want to take care of my girls. does this make sense?

and yes im doing it in email. we communicate better this way.

id appreciate anyones insight and i thank you.

and dont bother getting on me with the way i type. its just how i write.

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:48 AM

bump! please anyone there? i need insight.

grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:50 AM

i might steal it, good job

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:53 AM
:-( that's all I have. I'm sorry
jessica1078
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:54 AM
It's not vindictive IMO- you were straightforward which you need to be. best of luck to you and your girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)