Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So how old is too old for a booster?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
I've seen many women on here proudly stating that their 12- 13 year old still rides in a booster seat.

So for you carseat nazis, if your so adamant that your 13 year old needs to still be in a booster, at what age do you do away with it?

Alot of those women have said that their 12-13 year old is still in a booster seat because they are petite, or small. Well. What if they don't get much bigger by the time they are 16 or 17? Are you still going to be making them ride in a booster seat at that point? Are you still going to be forcing them into that booster seat when they are actually old enough to drive? Or are you going to just not allow
Them to drive because they're "safest in the back in a booster"?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM
In most cars, my very tiny 10 year old still needs a booster. He does 5 step in the 3rd row of my car, but he almost never rides there. I think that by 12 as long as the fit isn't horrible, I will be ok with him going without.
But I have my fingers crossed for a growth spurt. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM

DD is 8 and weighs 62 lbs, I plan to have her in a backless booster until she weighs 80 lbs.

ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I was in HS before my mom let me out of a booster.  That was back in 2002.  I didn't hit over 100lbs until I graduated.  My mom saw a friend die when she was a kid from a seat belt not fitting correctly.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

6-7yrs old depending on weight and height.  Possible 5 depending on law also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
They're children. We protect them. Children don't hate boosters or think they're stupid until their parents put that thought into their heads. I would let a child out of a booster by their 14th bday. It's not a big deal. Especially since Dorel has the new incognito seat coming out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
That seems really old for a booster I would have been mortified if my parents did that to be. I was out of a seat at like two or three
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I have/will never put any kid of mine in a booster in middle school. And I don't know a single person who uses a booster past the age of 9. And that is even a stretch.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

They're children. We protect them. Children don't hate boosters or think they're stupid until their parents put that thought into their heads. I would let a child out of a booster by their 14th bday. It's not a big deal. Especially since Dorel has the new incognito seat coming out.

My son was in high school by his 14th birthday. That is absolutely ridiculous and no one does that unless the kid is handicapped.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Im buying the Incognito for DS as soon as it comes out. I think that its a great thing

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Well I'm glad you have interviewed every family in the world to know what they do in the car.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

My son was in high school by his 14th birthday. That is absolutely ridiculous and no one does that unless the kid is handicapped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN