Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Four years ago today *warning triggering, stillbirth slideshow* (please avoid post if you can't handle it)

Posted by   + Show Post

Evan Michael was born sleeping into this world at 39 weeks. I am having so many mixed emotions today. I just had a healthy little girl September 6th and she looks so much like he did.

Again warning. Slideshow may be triggering. Pictures of baby who isn't living.

I miss my little man.

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Goodness :) That's a lot of baby. May I ask if you have GD? I do and the possibilty of making real big babies scares me. Lol.

Quoting ColleenF30:

11 lbs at 36 weeks 21 3/4 inches long. I also had a 34 weeker that was 8lb 4oz 19.5 inches. My babies are typically big. Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sorry for your loss. May I ask what happened?Anf holy cow you make big (and adorable) babies. 12lbs is huge. How big was your daughter?

goddess99
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I certainly understand how you would be thinking of him at this time.  Wow, that was one huge pregnant belly at 36 weeks. 

So sad that he would be born deceased.  Do you know what happened?  Did the cord get around his neck?  I'm so sorry for your loss. And wow...12 pounds! 

Anyway, I'm so sorry and congrats on your new baby. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
6 moms liked this

This is Miss Sasha

I really wish we knew what happened with him. It would have made it somewhat easier. I am always wondering if it was something I did (or didn't do). The doctors were pretty sure it wasn't me, but not knowing for sure is hard.

Quoting Loveavision:

I just needed to hug my son a little tighter. Congratulations on your baby girl, any pictures? He was absolutely gorgeous, momma. And such big feet! You're much stronger than I could ever hope to be.

If it's okay, may I ask what happened? If it's too personal, that's perfectly fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
15 moms liked this

Sometimes it's hard to say certain words, so we find gentler words to replace them. Have you ever lost a child? Let people grieve in their own ways and give it their own words. It hurts. A lot.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I didn't watch.. But just to let you know, he was not "born sleeping"

micheledo
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Beautiful video.  What a precious boy.

I'm so sorry.  I have friends in similar situations and try to remember them on their child's birthday.  And yet it isn't even a birth day.  :(  

caterpilar
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
((Hugs)) I am so sorry. He was beautiful.
Whereismymind
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I am so sorry...
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I am so sorry. I truly can't imagine. He is a beautiful baby. Congratulations on your new baby girl.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I have type 2 actually. My a1c was 5.8 with him when he was born so they could pretty much rule out my sugar. His sister born before him at 40 weeks was 8lb 3oz 18.5 inches. I have only had one normal sized out of 5 births. I have 1 living boy (age 16 now). Big babies are painful to carry really, but so worth it once they are born (just like all babies).

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodness :) That's a lot of baby. May I ask if you have GD? I do and the possibilty of making real big babies scares me. Lol.

Quoting ColleenF30:

11 lbs at 36 weeks 21 3/4 inches long. I also had a 34 weeker that was 8lb 4oz 19.5 inches. My babies are typically big. Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sorry for your loss. May I ask what happened?Anf holy cow you make big (and adorable) babies. 12lbs is huge. How big was your daughter?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)