Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Four years ago today *warning triggering, stillbirth slideshow* (please avoid post if you can't handle it)

Posted by   + Show Post

Evan Michael was born sleeping into this world at 39 weeks. I am having so many mixed emotions today. I just had a healthy little girl September 6th and she looks so much like he did.

Again warning. Slideshow may be triggering. Pictures of baby who isn't living.

I miss my little man.

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

No his cord was great. Actually it was bigger than normal and functioned perfectly. Have never had one get around the neck in 5 pregnancies (I am very lucky there). Placenta was perfect. He was perfect. I think that is what makes it so much harder to accept. For myself it is easier to accept things if I know something was wrong.

Thank you. I hold her tight everytime I can. It was an experience that makes me cherish my kids even more.

Quoting TranquilMind:

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I certainly understand how you would be thinking of him at this time.  Wow, that was one huge pregnant belly at 36 weeks. 

So sad that he would be born deceased.  Do you know what happened?  Did the cord get around his neck?  I'm so sorry for your loss. And wow...12 pounds! 

Anyway, I'm so sorry and congrats on your new baby. 

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Hugs hun!! Im so sorry! <3

Congratulations on your rainbow girl!! hugs

Here is our story in pictures. ;) I'm not good at the video creations yet. Hugs!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Obviously we all know the baby was not sleeping. It's the same as saying 'passed away' instead of 'died'. It's just a less harsh way of saying it.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I didn't watch.. But just to let you know, he was not "born sleeping"

My deepest condolences on your son.

However, congratulations on your daughter!

Take it easy today.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I'm so sorry.  He's a precious little angel.  Congrats on your new baby.  Focus on her and enjoy your life!

emsmom21
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine what it like. Congrats on your daughter though! She is beautiful!
javakitty2011
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

That was very touching, thank you for sharing. I am so glad you were able to hold and connect to your baby. years ago they would  wisk the baby away from the mother and she was never able to touch and hold. I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt that day. (((hugs)))

felicia0387
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Totally, that was very disrespectful, she is free to use whatever grieving word she feels comfortable with. Thank you heresjohnny for saying something!

Quoting heresjohnny:

Just to let you know, she can call it whatever the hell she wants to. This thread isn't the place for you to debate about accepted terminologies.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I didn't watch.. But just to let you know, he was not "born sleeping"

My deepest condolences on your son.

However, congratulations on your daughter!

Take it easy today.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I'm so sorry, mama. He was a beautiful baby. Congratulations on your newest addition. ((Hugs))
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Thank you! That is one of the reasons I leave the video up. If it can somehow help someone else I will put up with any troll out there. Please give your friend a hug from me.

Quoting felicia0387:

I am sorry for your loss mama, i know the pain is still like it just happened yesterday! i want you to know that your video helped my friends when she to gave birth to a sleeping baby. Congrats on your new addition, and just remember that's part of your son your seeing in your daughter. I know today is hard, but your angle is looking down on you!

rescuekim
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM

That was a lovely tribute to Evan.  I'm so glad that you took many pictures.  He was a beautiful baby.  Twelve pounds - wowzer!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN