Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will his child support go up because of his vindictive ex wife????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 299 Replies
1 mom liked this
DH has a 10 year old with XW.
DH and I have a 2 year old together.
XW just got remarried in August.
Currently DH and XW are fighting over the fact that despite the court order that is in place XW is ignoring it and not letting DH see his son because XW claims their son is too busy with school related things and extracurricular activities to see his Dad.

DH is afraid to fight XW in court over this crap she is pulling because XW has no job and DH's income is looked at EVERY SINGLE TIME they go to court. DH is afraid his child support will go up and we are already pinching pennies because I lost my job unexpectedly last year.

Please keep the biological father bashing to yourselves if it's all you have to offer my husband is not an asshole for getting remarried and getting on with his life and I had no control over losing my job. Times are tough!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM
It may go down depending on the state since you have a son together, look up the laws in your state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
4 moms liked this

Have you checked your state calculator to see what he should be paying? If he is paying less, than it might go up. I think your DH should take her to court, regardless.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM
7 moms liked this

Well his son probably is busy with extracurriculars. Does your dh go to his games/activities? As for the cs, I am not sure if it would go up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Same situation here. My dh daughter is too busy to see him. But going back to court won't change the bitchy ex wife. She still won't let us have her.
luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If her income is considered into the calculations (in some states they are) and it has gone down, then yes, his child support will go up. How about, instead of fighting her in court (meaning that the child will likely have to quite is activities and she willing likely walk away with a slap on the wrists) he participate in the activities and helps with school things? If he is in sports, go and watch him at practice, if he has a project, he should help him do it. What he has to understand is that as children get older, they spend less time with their parents and more time with friends and activities, this is normal. Now I am not saying it was ok for her to deny him his visits but maybe look at the child's perspective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Well YOU don't get her anyway and if that's how you talk about her, I can see why she doesn't want her child in your home. Children have activites, that is life, should she just sit around and do nothing simply because it's "dad's time"? Should she be deprived of a normal childhood because of a court order?

Quoting Anonymous:

Same situation here. My dh daughter is too busy to see him. But going back to court won't change the bitchy ex wife. She still won't let us have her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
She's always had no job since I've been with DH, 6 years now

Quoting luvmykidsJC:

If her income is considered into the calculations (in some states they are) and it has gone down, then yes, his child support will go up. How about, instead of fighting her in court (meaning that the child will likely have to quite is activities and she willing likely walk away with a slap on the wrists) he participate in the activities and helps with school things? If he is in sports, go and watch him at practice, if he has a project, he should help him do it. What he has to understand is that as children get older, they spend less time with their parents and more time with friends and activities, this is normal. Now I am not saying it was ok for her to deny him his visits but maybe look at the child's perspective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Oh you must be his ex??? No kid should be too busy to see his siblings and father.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well YOU don't get her anyway and if that's how you talk about her, I can see why she doesn't want her child in your home. Children have activites, that is life, should she just sit around and do nothing simply because it's "dad's time"? Should she be deprived of a normal childhood because of a court order?

Quoting Anonymous:

luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I don't know then. I mean I would suggest checking the child support guidelines. But if money is that tight, going to court might not be the best idea. I mean, as I said, wouldn't it just be better to participate in the activities?

Quoting Anonymous:

She's always had no job since I've been with DH, 6 years now

Quoting luvmykidsJC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, the 3 children I have are with my DH. So basically that's a yes, the child should just sit around and have no life so as to be available for "dad's time" because clearly, dad's right to his property is more important then the child's right to have a childhood, which includes activities. I'll bet mom has her doing stuff on her time too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh you must be his ex??? No kid should be too busy to see his siblings and father.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN