Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid won't GET a gazillion Christmas presents this year because she doesn't need them.

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 121 Replies

santa green

Our daughter is three years old and this year she is getting exactly three Christmas presents.

Why???

Because she's three. 

Because other people will be giving her presents.

Because she already has tons of toys. 

Because her birthday is in the last week of November and she'll get presents for that. 

Because she's three. Or will be anyway. 

We're also buying her gifts ahead of time. She's getting a lala-oopsie doll, a jack-in-the-box Caillou (cutest darn thing ever), and pink lego duplo lego's (because I believe she's ready to move past mega-blox).  And that's it! My kid is doesn't need a ton of gifts and as she gets older she won't either.  

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Dammit, it's not even Halloween yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine don't, and they're 11, 14, and 17.

My kids each get 1 bigger gift, a clothing item, a book, and 2-3 small gifts. I also usually get them a gift card of some sort- book store, Claire's, Hot Topic, etc.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay...that means there will be more for mine at  the store, LOL

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
You stated OTHER people will be getting her presents. So it seems she'll get more than 3.
CherryBlossom.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I'm not ready for this post yet.

I will try to come read it in November.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM
That seems fine.
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That is fine. I would think a tree with three presents under it would look a little sad. What about a stocking? I can easily spend $100 on a stocking.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I've been rethinking the whole Christmas thing lately. We have a Christmas account and spend every single cent on my son. Its ridiculous. I asked him a month ago what he got for Christmas last year and he remembered one item. the DSI. This year I am thinking of using that money more towards actually celebrating the holiday by going places and living the experience. Get him one big gift and one smaller one in addition to his stocking gifts. and thats it. 

Photo: -Randi.

The.Last.Rebel
Hmm
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Mine aren't gettin much this year, but that's because there's higher priced items this year.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes but other people getting her presents is not something I can help. And besides I don't want to discourage generosity from others but I do want my daughter to be thankful for what she gets. 

Quoting KairisMama:

You stated OTHER people will be getting her presents. So it seems she'll get more than 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)