Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid won't GET a gazillion Christmas presents this year because she doesn't need them.

Posted by   + Show Post

santa green

Our daughter is three years old and this year she is getting exactly three Christmas presents.

Why???

Because she's three. 

Because other people will be giving her presents.

Because she already has tons of toys. 

Because her birthday is in the last week of November and she'll get presents for that. 

Because she's three. Or will be anyway. 

We're also buying her gifts ahead of time. She's getting a lala-oopsie doll, a jack-in-the-box Caillou (cutest darn thing ever), and pink lego duplo lego's (because I believe she's ready to move past mega-blox).  And that's it! My kid is doesn't need a ton of gifts and as she gets older she won't either.  

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Replies (111-120):
helema24
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM

we dont buy ourkids christmas presents but my parents and grandparents do........ehem its because we dont celebrate christmas due to being muslim!!! now let the bashing begin about not giving our kids presents!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

njt320
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Haha I swear I say that every year and my ds's are grown!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Good for you. No one needs a gazillion gifts. Christmas is totally over rated. My dd is only one & will only get a few toys.

Kage336
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM
DF and I are getting our daughter (who will be 18 months at Christmas) a little table and chairs for her to color at when she's a little older, an outfit, and a toy. She'll get plenty of presents from our friends and family. We'll also do a stocking for her. Not going overboard.
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Can we get into November before the Christmas post start?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMCorbin84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Sadly I can't even remember what we got dd for the holidays last year, I know she got her Power Wheel dune buggy racer in Jan for her b-day but I think we spent more on sending crap to dh's extended family & nephews than we did on our own child. I honestly hate the holidays for that exact reason, dh spends hundreds on his parents, siblings & their children & I feel like our dd gets shorted bc of it. We bought really cheap presents for dd last year & they all fell apart or broke w/in a couple of months and dh complains bc the good quality stuff is so pricey.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM

My girls are getting a dollhouse they are 9. My 2 year old is getting a play kitchen. They will probably get a couple more gifts as well plus their stockings.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM

My kids will get a few things each. We are very tight on money and two of them are needing bigger bikes. I might have to buy them used. 

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Our son will receive four gifts from SO and I this year:

One thing he wants.
One thing he needs.
One thing to wear.
One thing to read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

She LOVES Caillou lol 

Quoting katemckenzie:

Caillou is the devil in the first place, and THEY MAKE A JACK IN THE BOX VERSION?!?!?! 

FUCK THAT SHIT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)