Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid won't GET a gazillion Christmas presents this year because she doesn't need them.

Posted by   + Show Post

santa green

Our daughter is three years old and this year she is getting exactly three Christmas presents.

Why???

Because she's three. 

Because other people will be giving her presents.

Because she already has tons of toys. 

Because her birthday is in the last week of November and she'll get presents for that. 

Because she's three. Or will be anyway. 

We're also buying her gifts ahead of time. She's getting a lala-oopsie doll, a jack-in-the-box Caillou (cutest darn thing ever), and pink lego duplo lego's (because I believe she's ready to move past mega-blox).  And that's it! My kid is doesn't need a ton of gifts and as she gets older she won't either.  

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours get two toys, one from Santa one from us. The gifts in their shoes from the Yule lads (they are trinkets or sweets like stocking stuffers) and then clothes. They are 12 and 5. 

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Wow you are hung up on the fact that she is only 3 huh?

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have said the same thing and always end up with way more than that under the tree lol Not saying you will do that, just saying I have tried and failed miserably.  This year cannot be anything like last year, they got so much that some of it is still in their closets not out of the packages yet.  I know my daughter wants a vanity so i am thinking that, a few science kits, some bracelet making kits and some other small crap that they get every year and maybe some clothes.  I am completely lost when it comes to my 7 year old son, he would be happy with a ball lol

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

my kids never get a gazillion presents. too much greed tied into a holiday that should be about giving to people who don't have enough.

pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My kids are getting a gift card with a certain amount of money on it so they can get what they want. Geta harder to know what to get them as they get older.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

If you look on Pinterest there are SO many fun and creative DIY ways to give cash as gifts.

Quoting pookiward:

My son is 15 all he wants is cash so that's all i'm giving him.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

What kind of three year old needs a gazillion toys?

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Wow you are hung up on the fact that she is only 3 huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM
My kids always get a lot. Can't help it!!
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
That's fine I hope the same happens with sd. She gets too overwhelmed with all of the gifts and doesn't even play with most of them
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

We start Christmas shopping this early so that we're not scrambling when it actually does come time for Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude, it's September ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)